Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey and Happy New Year to everyone

So, turns out yesterday was day of many firsts. My first real mtb ride in 10 years, my first trip to Russian Ridge, my first time scraping 10 lbs of clingy mud from the bike after every rideable section, my first time with zero traction in the mud, my first time having a clogged up clip stopping me getting out before the 'oh s***' realisation i was going down, and the first time falling 30 feet down the side of the Hawk Ridge trail (next to the 'wall') because of the afore-mentioned mud induced equipment malfunction. I was still clipped in with the bike on top of me when i came to a tumbling halt. Kinda serves me right for stopping to watch the deer instead of just bombing through. Also included was a wrong way turn at Ancient oaks that took me down the fab great Mondigo Trail, straight into the dead-end zone. Walking back up sucked.

All good fun though and ill be back soon. When it dries up a bit. Russian Ridge + rain = definately not a beginner ride.

Laters

·
190lbs of climber
1,554 Posts
neilp1 said:
Definately.

Any recommendations for a beginner ride within say, an hours drive of Mountain View? One that is doable in similar conditions to sunday?

Cheers
Very little in the south bay is good only a day after it rains. The Kennedy fire road climb in Los Gatos is good in all condition, but some beginners might get discouraged by the length and steepness of the 4 mile climb.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.