Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Sunday 5/25 9am: ECdM/Skeggs Leaf Trail Ride

6K views 43 replies 23 participants last post by  audi0phile 
Wow the CB wheels are out? Those look insane.

I slept in a bit, and did Skeggs down to the end of South Leaf by way of Resolution, then just turned around and came back up and out ECDM trail.

The new connector is nice, but South Leaf is challenging as usual. I still can't clean 2 or 3 of the short steep climbs coming back.

I'm curious, does anyone else have trouble making a few sections on the "old" South Leaf if you are going back towards North Leaf? Going down a lot of the steep sections is great fun going out, but if I turn around to ride it backwards, coming back up 2 or 3 of them I just can't do. Super steep with roots and very narrow. Do I suck, or is this hard for everyone? :)

knobbyknees said:
I think generally the consensus is that South Leaf is the most technical legal singletrack on the Peninsula/South Bay. Mostly due to its narrowness and the steepness of certain pitches combined with rocks and roots. You'd need some real legitimate trials skills plus some serious power to get over some of the obstacles in the trail tread and be able to pedal away. I suppose if you could leap up onto a picnic table from a stand still, and turn 90 degrees on the top, you could ride south-to-north on South Leaf without dabbing. So, no you don't suck if you are a cross-country type of rider. If you fancy yourself to be a skilled trials rider then maybe you suck. Ask J. He can tell you.
Ok, good to know :). Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.