Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Paper or plastic?
10,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the okay from the home CEO. GMM and I will go for a Sawpit loop. If you're interested in freezing your a$$ early Sunday morning, come join us.

·
CHOCOLATE NASTIES Baker
1,289 Posts
I'll be there....

....later in the day. No way I'm getting up at 7 to freeze my ass off and then not go down Braille to see the new jump. BTW didn't you learn your lesson last weekend? Do you think it's gonna be warmer 1/2 hour earlier and 1000ft higher? :rolleyes:

Travis

·
Paper or plastic?
10,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tsimbu said:
....later in the day. No way I'm getting up at 7 to freeze my ass off and then not go down Braille to see the new jump. BTW didn't you learn your lesson last weekend? Do you think it's gonna be warmer 1/2 hour earlier and 1000ft higher? :rolleyes:

Travis
Good point, but I'm not that smart. :)

·
YESBRO!!!
1,162 Posts
i'd love to come down with the chicka and maybe one more, but we can't get there till noon.

i don't get home from the bar till 3:30, so the early start time is more than i can muster.

i'll even bring b33r and snacks for anyone who wants to stay behind to keep eyes on the cars.

·
Flyin Canine
2,274 Posts
tsimbu said:

Travis
Let us know what you think of the new jump/log over. We threw it together pretty fast and I think it will settle in and get better with time. Right now it's a bit lippy at the top. I'll try to get the pics off my camera tonight post them in the next few days.

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
1,598 Posts
What time are you thinking? Zorg has a problem in that he actually LIKES being up THAT early in the morning.:eek:

·
What would Pimpbot do?
364 Posts
pre-game show

I would like to join the 8am ride. Turkey Ride 2006 is the only MTBR.com ride I've done.

For the football fans out there, kick off for the 1st Sunday game is 12noon, so there is plenty of time for a Demo ride, especially for South Bay/Monterey Bay NFL fans.

Is there a limit to the size of an MTBR.com group ride in the Demo? I don't wanna be the one guy that put the group size over the "limit". The Wilder limit is 4 riders per group, right? The Kennedy limit is 498 riders, right? Straighten me out. ;)

·
CHOCOLATE NASTIES Baker
1,289 Posts
SVSocrates said:
What time are you thinking? Zorg has a problem in that he actually LIKES being up THAT early in the morning.:eek:
I like datenschwanz's idea. I'm always up for a "nooner" :eek: Will probably bring the wife and kids. They like to hang out in the parking lot then go down Hihns and meet me at the bottom of Braille. Then I get the not-so-rare privilege of pulling my 5yo back up Hihns on the Trail-a-bike.:thumbsup:

shanedawg said:
Let us know what you think of the new jump/log over. We threw it together pretty fast and I think it will settle in and get better with time. Right now it's a bit lippy at the top. I'll try to get the pics off my camera tonight post them in the next few days.
I'm gonna try to borrow my boss' helmet cam that he got for Xmas to "set it up for him" and bring it along to film my friend going down Braille. I'm trying to convice him that it really isn't that scary and that there is always a "chicken line" around the big stuff. He's recovering from a knee injury and is worried about hurting it on technical trails.

·
Paper or plastic?
10,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FoggyGoggles said:
I would like to join the 8am ride. Turkey Ride 2006 is the only MTBR.com ride I've done.

For the football fans out there, kick off for the 1st Sunday game is 12noon, so there is plenty of time for a Demo ride, especially for South Bay/Monterey Bay NFL fans.

Is there a limit to the size of an MTBR.com group ride in the Demo? I don't wanna be the one guy that put the group size over the "limit". The Wilder limit is 4 riders per group, right? The Kennedy limit is 498 riders, right? Straighten me out. ;)
I'm slow, I take a few breaks, I curse when I mess up and I spit when climbing.

If you're okay with all of the above, you're more than welcome. :)

·
What would Pimpbot do?
364 Posts
zorg said:
I'm slow, I take a few breaks, I curse when I mess up and I spit when climbing.

If you're okay with all of the above, you're more than welcome. :)
Are there riders that DON'T curse when dabbing and spit on climbs?

See you Sunday.

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
1,598 Posts
If you join the afternoon slackers, we can all but guarantee temps in the 30's. I think I got your cold and am just starting to recover. Man, that was nasty!

·
mmm
952 Posts
SVSocrates said:
If you join the afternoon slackers, we can all but guarantee temps in the 30's. I think I got your cold and am just starting to recover. Man, that was nasty!
Yeah it was pretty bad. I was running a six day fever. If I have the energy maybe I'll join the nooner group.

Waiting on my Pike.......

·
Fireball in the Night
1,624 Posts
FoggyGoggles said:
I strongly suggest that everyone TiVo or VCR the game(s) to speed through the commercials + halftime nonsense and shorten a 3:15:00 game down to about 2:15:00. Been doin' it for years.

FoggyGoggles said:
Is there a limit to the size of an MTBR.com group ride in the Demo? I don't wanna be the one guy that put the group size over the "limit".
No limit at Demo. I'd say that you earn huge points for being conscientious about that.

I can be there for the Noon start time. ( And I can name a couple of riders here that will agree that I emulate the MTB stylings of Zorg )

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
1,598 Posts
This may be the only thread in history where the words "Zorg" and "stylings" (or any derivative of the word "style" for that matter) will ever appear together...:D

·
Registered
171 Posts
sounds good

zorg said:
Got the okay from the home CEO. GMM and I will go for a Sawpit loop. If you're interested in freezing your a$$ early Sunday morning, come join us.
Time and location are perfect. Will be there unless.. uh... overruled (75% chance I'll be there)

·
Paper or plastic?
10,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
SVSocrates said:
Are you in sales J-C? :p
I believe in full disclosure. :)

Steve, if you were to start at 8am, you could be back to Fremont by 11am, but that'd be cutting it close and you would have to move pretty fast through the faster loop (Tractor). Honestly, I would not recommend it. I plan on being back by noon.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Steve, there is a simple solution. Just tell your employer, Bicycle Garage, that you are in fact working-- just offsite with two customers. JC and I will certainly make up for it with our spending there over the course of the next several months. Bonus is that you will get a ride up to the Demo. Of course, if that doesn't work out, there is always next time.

To the others who prefer to ride later, what is it about sleep deprevation and freezing temps that is so unattractive. I just don't get it.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.