Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the 4th of july my family is in Sun Valley Idaho. Ive been here once before, and let me tell you this place is beautiful! It boasts over 200 miles of single track. I got to ride some of it today on my Jones, and it was pure bliss. I think the high was 83 or so, nice to get out of the utah scorch fest.. I rode a new trail called adams gulch..New for me that is..

Theres something about riding sweet single track that you've never seen before..Not knowing whats around the next bed, being suprised by beautiful vistas never before seen by your own eyes..THats what it was like today on a small portion of sun valleys best..I rode for about 18 miles; would have loved to do more, but this is a family vacation after all :)

Tomorrow I'm going to hit bald mt, then sunday, a trail called deer creek. I'll be packing my camera, and of course will post then...Have a happy 4th of JULY!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
dosboy said:
Tomorrow I'm going to hit bald mt, then sunday, a trail called deer creek. I'll be packing my camera, and of course will post then...Have a happy 4th of JULY!!!!
Try hitting the Greenhorn Gulch or Oregon-Fox-Chocolate Gulch trails instead of the Baldy trails. They are much more interesting...
Have FUN!

·
Registered
711 Posts
I call foul. You can't show both that scenery and that bike in the same shot. Beauty overload...I don't know which one to ogle!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Flipnidaho is spot on with his recomendations. My jealousy will only last untill my trip next month. Have a great time!

I was in agreement with Rotmilky, untill I saw the Canyon Bicycles bottle. :smilewinkgrin:

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was in agreement with Rotmilky, untill I saw the Canyon Bicycles bottle. :smilewinkgrin:[/QUOTE]

Thats funny..I hate that friekin place with a PASSION. The only reason I have a bottle from them is I went in there shop to exchange a gift from a friend, and they wouldnt do it because I didnt have a reciept..It had tags on it and everything, i'd never worn it, so me and the manager got into it..I dropped some 4 letter words and they kicked me out of the shop..Something along the lines of" thats why I hate this Fng place" ..anyways, I know an employee there that vouched for me, and told them I spend around 5 g's a year on biking stuff, and they gave me a bunch of bottles and goo's in appology when I went back to exchange my stuff..I told him (the owner) that I'd just graduated college, had 7 k to spend on a bike, and that there was no way in hell it would be at his shop....So kinda funny I'm sporting there bottle even though they are my most hated Utah shop!:madman:

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Those are some sweet pix, thanks for posting. I'll be visiting my Dad who lives in Jerome later this summer, and plan on getting in as much ST as I can. Looks like I'll have some good trails to choose from.

·
Registered
545 Posts
dosboy said:
I was in agreement with Rotmilky, untill I saw the Canyon Bicycles bottle. :smilewinkgrin:
(kinda funny I'm sporting there bottle even though they are my most hated Utah shop!):madman:)

They are actually my second. The funny thing is, my top two most hated both have canyon in their titles. Enjoy your riding and have a safe return.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sun Valley Day 2- Bald mt

Okay- so I wasnt planning on doing bald mt after my last post, but the family wanted to take the lifts up for the view, and my father in law, who would be riding with me doesnt like to ride up anything..So since this is a family vacation, off to bald mt ski resort we went..Now; taking a lift up and riding down hill is not exactly my idea of a good day on the bike, but I'd been itching to test my Jones on some long downs, and this was one way to do it..
I've got to say, I really was amazed again by the beauty of Sun Valley. The view from the top of the resort literally took my breath away, and the descent took over an hour of strait down hill trails...Man I got in some descending today. 25 miles of descending that is, around 8000 feet of elevation drop! All on a rigid bike..These trails are fast, narrow, smooth siongle track for the most part..A lot of tourists shouldnt have been up there..Im a Nurse, so I got the chance to help a lady who had just wrecked hard moments before..She thought she broke her hip, dislocated her shoulder. But after I checked her out, ended up to be the old broken clavaicle. I fashioned her a sling with the help of a local, and he called the services to come and get her..I saw to other injured women on the trails today, but she was the worst injured...Back to the trails..I love the feeling of bombing down that single track that goes up and down, kind of like a roller coaster, you can lift off the ridges and get a foot or so of air, it literally feels like your flying down the mountain...TIme to go do some family activiteis. Tomorrow, chocolate gulch........:)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Very cool.. Awesome that the daisies are still out. I was up there about a month ago for work, did not bring the bike, but got lucky, got out early, got a rental, and headed out and rode Adam's myself. I did that gnarly climb that shoots up to the right off the trailhead and came down the gulch. It was a 35lb 6" bike (the only thing they had in stock that fit me) so it was a little hard to crank up there (and get used to). But once I got up there, it was 100% worth it, absolutely gorgeous, and that bike (Rocky Mountain Slayer) was a lot of fun coming down.

The photos almost don't do it justice. I must have ridden through at least a dozen burn zones, you could really see how the place was a tinder box. Anyway, next year definitely going back (or maybe later this year). The river was a little high.. . It was a rental bike, covered in mud, so I did a lot of the water crossings coming down, through a little trail on the far side of the river. Then at the bottom came up behind an absolutely gorgeous rider in front of me. Who proceeded to kick my ass and burn me, but that topped it all off.. Lots of fun.. :)

·
Dr. Pepper drinker
1,640 Posts
dosboy said:
Okay- so I wasnt planning on doing bald mt after my last post, but the family wanted to take the lifts up for the view, and my father in law, who would be riding with me doesnt like to ride up anything..So since this is a family vacation, off to bald mt ski resort we went..Now; taking a lift up and riding down hill is not exactly my idea of a good day on the bike, but I'd been itching to test my Jones on some long downs, and this was one way to do it..
I've got to say, I really was amazed again by the beauty of Sun Valley. The view from the top of the resort literally took my breath away, and the descent took over an hour of strait down hill trails...Man I got in some descending today. 25 miles of descending that is, around 8000 feet of elevation drop! All on a rigid bike..These trails are fast, narrow, smooth siongle track for the most part..A lot of tourists shouldnt have been up there..Im a Nurse, so I got the chance to help a lady who had just wrecked hard moments before..She thought she broke her hip, dislocated her shoulder. But after I checked her out, ended up to be the old broken clavaicle. I fashioned her a sling with the help of a local, and he called the services to come and get her..I saw to other injured women on the trails today, but she was the worst injured...Back to the trails..I love the feeling of bombing down that single track that goes up and down, kind of like a roller coaster, you can lift off the ridges and get a foot or so of air, it literally feels like your flying down the mountain...TIme to go do some family activiteis. Tomorrow, chocolate gulch........:)
Nice ride report and pics, reminds me that I really need to check out Sun Valley sometime soon. Looks like some great riding. Think I spotted you in LCC last night and was going to ask you about the bike but I've given up on trying to converse with people with all the water noise at the top right now, just end up yelling incoherently at one another. That thing is definitely a work of art!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Nice to see you made up for the Canyon H2O bottle by wearing a jersey from a REAL utah bike shop. Go REVO!
Seriously, I haven't been up there in years and I think your post has made up my mind that I need to get back to those trails.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.