Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the rear can be made to engage quicker?

My new bike came with these hubs.

It seems to work fine I'm just use to my king hubs and the quick engagement and would like these to engage quicker.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Unless Sun-Ringle made a ratchet ring with more teeth or a 6 pawl freehub body with offset pawls (upping it to 60 poe) you're stuck with what you got.

Keep in mind you these hubs also retail for less than 50% of King hubs, so you get less than 50% engagement (that's not always the case but it made sense in this instance).

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I have gone back and forth between these hubs and King hubs. The change in engagement is noticable, but in reality, it didn't make much difference in riding. I could clear the same obstacles with the 30 POE hubs as the 72 POE Kings.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I’ve only ridden with these hubs 3 times now and have struggled clearing a few obstacles. It’s also noticeable at other less key moments which I could live with the later.

However, this is new bike and I’m still dialing in which stem to use so there is also this impacting my climbing somewhat.

Just looking to dial the ride in and if the ability to make the engagement more precise is an option I’m on it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called Ringle/Hayes today and they say no but it is on the radar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts