Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Ive posted some of my experinces about his subject before.
Im 232lbs riding XL Rip 9 with a Manitou 120mm fork. Im riding New Mexico singletrack trails, rock gardens, and AM...Im not gracefull
Had Stans Flows rear wheel and a WTB LaserLite Hub(2.35 tire and tubeless 32psi)...it didnt last...multiple flat spots and it "S" out.
Switched to a Mavic A719 it felt wobbly under me. (2.35 tire and tube36 psi)..rim got bent up
Im now riding a Sun Ryno Lite 700cc with a DT Swiss 340 hub (2.35 tire and tube 36psi) .....rides great so far no wobble after 25 miles.
I like it wider :)

·
Team NFI
5,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nogearshere said:
as good as the 26" version if that was your flavor.

i switched to wtb, in particular the DUAL DUTYFR as a direct replacement or the LASERDISC Trail for all but EXTREME or v-brake usage.
I suspected as much. I'm looking for a heavier rim for general abuse and training. Never had a prob with Rhyno Lites on the Chromag. So now will be building up some Rhyno 29ers.

And save my Speed Disc's for races.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Amazingly rugged rim. Light for how tough they are.
Tires ride better with wide width.
Super cheap and cheerful.
I've got about 12,000 miles on a set and they're still going strong.
I absolutely pounded them at Downieville last weekend on a hardtail with no issues.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Great rim. Built mine with comps and it has been bombproof. Still running strong after 18 months.

WTB DDFR is another good choice. I only wish WTB made the LaserDisk FR in 29".

·
Team NFI
5,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sadly there isn't a great selection of rims available yet for 29ers up here in Kanuckistan. Will be doing the Rhyno's as they have been approved by the chisler committee for being cheap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.