Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Slave to the grind
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking of lightening my FR bike so i can take it up some hills without my gasping for air causing changes in weather patterns..

anyone use the sun ringle ds2-xc rim? theres a kick but sale at my LBS

the big question is will it hold up to my manly 215 pounds for some aggressive xc and drops of a foot or less?

what say the people?

·
The Sentinel
530 Posts
Mixed review...

I rode a set of the DS2-XC rims on Shimano XT disc hubs for 18 months. They are nice and light, have (had) a comfortable ride, and held up okay. Unfortunately, I just replaced them about a month ago because one of the eyelets were pulling out of the rear rim. I'm not sure what would cause that failure, because I never rode them hard. Perhaps it's just one of those things. I liked the rims, and will probably buy another to rebuild the rear on that set. They made for a nice XC wheelset. I have a Shimano/Mavic XM321 wheelset that I use for more "aggressive" riding. Good luck.

cherrybomber said:
thinking of lightening my FR bike so i can take it up some hills without my gasping for air causing changes in weather patterns..

anyone use the sun ringle ds2-xc rim? theres a kick but sale at my LBS

the big question is will it hold up to my manly 215 pounds for some aggressive xc and drops of a foot or less?

what say the people?

·
The Sentinel
530 Posts
Sorry...left that part out

Must have been some kind of Freudian slip...anyway, I weigh between 225 and 235, depending on the day.

cherrybomber said:
how much do you weigh? i was wondering if it would hold up to my 215 pounds of abuse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.