Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Chilling out
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got my Sat ride all lined up, but am having a hard time thinking about Sun.

Looking for a good 4 hour ( +/- ) ride, some good pedalling, some good bumpy stuff, maybe give me an excuse to catch some air, maybe finally give me an excuse to break out the 29er. Warmup food 'n bevs afterwards somewhere?

I just know I'm going nowhere near a retail venue - ick!

·
Did you ever have ham?
1,582 Posts
bear said:
I've got my Sat ride all lined up, but am having a hard time thinking about Sun.

Looking for a good 4 hour ( +/- ) ride, some good pedalling, some good bumpy stuff, maybe give me an excuse to catch some air, maybe finally give me an excuse to break out the 29er. Warmup food 'n bevs afterwards somewhere?

I don't know that many riding areas around here, but the first thing that came to mind was Moosic Mountain. I think that ride you guys did up there was about 2.5 - 3 hours and I think Lee said there were some trails that you guys did not ride that day.

One area I want to get to once it warms up again is Prompton. According to a site I found there are 25 miles of mostly singletrack trail geared towards advanced riders.

http://www.dirtworld.com/trails/trail.asp?id=12239

·
Registered
18 Posts
Rode Moosic Mountain on tuesday nite, was a little cold but the trails were in pretty good shape. We didnt go all the way down to the dam but did blueberry to start, conglomerate to the view, across the powerline to the new section(didnt go down to the stream crossing), and back up the powerline to do it backwards to return. the new section across the powerline was a little tuff ridin a single speed on but otherwise a blast.

·
my church is the woods
999 Posts
bear said:

Hey Bear; your welcome to join us SAMBA folks for a ride sunday morning at Rattling Creek! pm me for the details if you're interested.

·
Chilling out
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't been to Prompton yet either, it's on my "todo" list.

If I can get out of work early enough today I'm going to try to make it up to Scranton for the Hubbard thing, but it's too early to know that I can make it for sure. I'm "way" curious about Hubbard Mtn trails though.

Rattling Creek is another place I've heard of, but never been, so that's not a bad option at all.

I know there's a bunch more to explore down in the Natalie area, if someone were to be going there on Sun anyway and all. :p

·
914 Posts
bear said:
I haven't been to Prompton yet either, it's on my "todo" list.

If I can get out of work early enough today I'm going to try to make it up to Scranton for the Hubbard thing, but it's too early to know that I can make it for sure. I'm "way" curious about Hubbard Mtn trails though.

Rattling Creek is another place I've heard of, but never been, so that's not a bad option at all.

I know there's a bunch more to explore down in the Natalie area, if someone were to be going there on Sun anyway and all. :p
Bear, I was thinking about riding Natalie Sunday though I don't know the trail system that well. Will have to see if Nanker plans to ride, otherwise I would still be happy to go explore.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Ditto....

jonz187 said:
WTF! where was that stuff when we were there 2 wks ago? under snow?
LOL...........

Bear....Rattling is nothing like the pics of Natalie "North SHore" demo area!! But it is a great place to ride.....and it is the site of the East Coast Famous BASH. Sounds like some great options for your Sunday....

·
Chilling out
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Agreed on the Weather Variable - we'll see how she goes.

I'm honestly torn between Rattling or Natalie.

Naker, assuming it doesn't blizzard-out, what time Sun? Feel free to call/text me if you decide it's a go/no-go situation. You mind PMing me directions in the event that is the way to go?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.