Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
bacon! bacon! bacon!
12,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow - drove through on Sunday and the Blue River Valley is a very similar shade of red as the Fraser Valley was last year. :(

Stay safe all of you folks living in the woods up there...

·
Your retarded
3,085 Posts
WKD-RDR said:
Pine Beetles suck...
... the life out of forests. I don't even know you and we're finishing our sentences. Cute.

I imagine this will be a painful lesson for land managers and I hope that in the future they will be more receptive to controlling forest age and density with logging and/or fires. If that argument sounds like a tangent, it is not. Pine beetles seek older trees, and that entire area consists of trees that are the same age and they are all old and drought effected.

Like SS said. Good luck to you folks with homes up there. And good luck to you folks down stream who will have to combat all the erosion and flooding that follow once that forest does burn.

·
bacon! bacon! bacon!
12,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nickle said:
... the life out of forests. I don't even know you and we're finishing our sentences. Cute.

I imagine this will be a painful lesson for land managers and I hope that in the future they will be more receptive to controlling forest age and density with logging and/or fires. If that argument sounds like a tangent, it is not. Pine beetles seek older trees, and that entire area consists of trees that are the same age and they are all old and drought effected.
Somewhat true... although the beetles appear to even be making in-roads in the areas up I-70 that burned "somewhat" recently (40 years ago?). Those patches are definitely greener, but it looks like they're going to fall too...

The areas that are aspen are STRIKINGLY green in comparison.

Ah, well... I guess we'll have to endure 50 years of aspens and meadows. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.