Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
This is my first post. I am writing to you with hopes for assistance regarding planning my summer riding vacation.

I recently talked to a friend of mine who is a skier. He told me that last time he was skiing the alps he and some of his friends contacted a guiding company and got an awesome deal. They where picked up at the airport and then they spent about 10 days skiing different spots. The guide would check the weather forecast and then decide from day to day where to go next.

Our next mountain bike riding vacation will for different reasons be limited to one week in Switzerland and we really would like to make the most out of it. I think it would be really nice to get on a similar program as my skier friend did.
That way we could see some new places and adapt the location after the weather.

Anybody done something similar, or know about a guiding company that offer this kind of deal?

Btw. We are only interested in downhill and freeride riding, and the Verbier, Portes du Soleil area has been covered previously.

Regards
/Baen

·
Registered
27 Posts
Big Mountain Adventures

Check out http://www.ridebig.com. I did their Alpenrock DH trip this past summer, and it was an experience I will never forget. It is pricey, but worth every penny.

The trip was guided by Wade Simmons and Joe Schwartz, as well as company owner Chris Winter who runs an amazing trip. If your travel dates line up with the dates for their 09 trips I would stronly consider looking into it.

·
Registered
646 Posts
8664 said:
look for bens challet in morgins he build a lot off tracks there "port du soleil"
Thanks 8664.:thumbsup:

Baen, there are lots of secret/unknown spots that we ride when the lifts are closed in the Portes du Soleil. I live in Champery and have over 10 other lift accessed spots within an hour drive from my house. I don't have time to guide anymore but I think the best and cheapest option would be to contact my brother or one of the other guys that trailbuilds with me and work out a deal with them. They guide people every year doing what you are looking to do because I don't have the time. It would be a cool way to see plenty of stuff that you normally wouldn't see. In addition, I bet there are a bunch of trails in the Portes du Soleil that you haven't seen either. BTW, I built a new trail in Morgins last summer that is worth checking out. Here is a pic

Here is a shot of one of the not so well known train shuttles

Let me know if you want me to put you in touch with one of the locals.

Ben

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.