Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, so i'm going to Florida this summer and am looking for trails near Naples.

Also, since i saw some mention of alligators on some of the florida trail reviews. how often does that occur? I can't say i've ever seen alligators in the mountains of south and north carolina.

·
bust a move
1,978 Posts
We see them here alot. I pass a 12 footer on my local trail about 75% of the time. They either jump in the water or just lay there as you pass. No big really unless it has been fed by people and is now hungry as you fall off your bike next to it:eekster: Otherwise they prefer deer and dogs to mtbkrs :thumbsup:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Near Naples? You can try out Caloosahatchi. IIt's about an hour north. It's not the best, but it offers some speed runs and 1 black diamond trail that is fun. Otherwise you need to shoot across to Miami area.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, i see snakes, deer, and turtles....and if i'm going slow enough frogs. You know the whole deal with look where you want to go not where you don't want to go. I may have a problem with that if i see a gator.

·
Jackalope Hunter
934 Posts
-eddie. said:
yeah, i see snakes, deer, and turtles....and if i'm going slow enough frogs. You know the whole deal with look where you want to go not where you don't want to go. I may have a problem with that if i see a gator.
The only possible reason you might have trouble with a gator on any trail here is if you mess with it. Otherwise they will leave you alone. I've seen many, never been bothered.

Too bad you are coming in the summer. The best time to ride FL is right now. Summer in south FL=crazy hot. :p

·
Banned
136 Posts
well during the summer I think the caloosa trails become a swamp ( at least they were this year well into october). theres the north port trail like 1.5 hours north of naples. although after june this place becomes a swamp as well. see my pics/vids in this thread: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=474439

about an hour and a half south is markham park and oletas. def your best bets. heres my vid of the freeride section at those places
a quick youtube search will get you a million vids of those places

·
Hard as nails
1,008 Posts
Gators = No Prob. They will split before you get to close. They try to avoid human contact majority of the time, unless you happen to swim upon one and they happen to see as food:D

As my boy Jay stated - S. Florida in the summer equals SUFFERING:eek:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey i prefer the 100 degrees with 100% humidity. It's the only time i ride.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is that all they have is the FreeRide stuff, i like the roots and uphill battles. Some XC stuff is what I'm into. where's all that at???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
and i am a miami fan so it's going to work out just right, oh yeah baby's buttermilk biscuit. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.