Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Never had it, but it looks tasty. These days I've been enjoying my homebrewed West Coast Pilsner and Sierra Nevada's Pilsner (Beer Camp brew). And Summerfest...oh and Chico Wheat which is their Crystal Wheat but in bottles. Pretty tasty stuff, definitely great for a post-ride beverage to wash the dust down.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Sudwerks in Davis serves Radlers. They use 50/50 mix of Helles Lager and lemonade. Damned tasty, goes down easy and quick. They are somewhat filling and very sugary. My waistline suffers when I drink too many:D

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I have great memories of 1 liter radlers while in southern Germany in the summer of 2003. They were having an epic heat wave at the time, and the radlers hit the spot, even if they were a bit sissy. :) We were on our honeymoon, so I had to be conservative in my consumption, and I found a 1L hefe followed by a 1L radler would keep me well hydrated and able to keep up a conversation and not fall down.

I was at a birthday party last weekend, and they had Mike's hard lemonade, and I found that to be pretty tasty in the heat as well.

·
Birthday Collector
2,610 Posts
Josh, when I was in Oz years ago, and the temps were in the 104 - 108 range for many days, they had the same basic thing, called a "Shandy" (I hope I spelled that right...) In their case, at the couple of pubs that were closest to my friend's place where I was crashing, it was Toohey's with Schweppes Lemonade (like ginger ale) and man, you could swig those babies like Kool-Aid when it was smokin' hot... Might have to pick up some Schweppes and a couple of Pilsners or Lagers on the way home this afternoon....

·
Uncle
4,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In Chile, its an OrangeShoppe: Shoppe lager with orange soda. Watched the World Cup there in 2000, drinking this and eating empanadas until the sun came up, cheering Chile on vs. Cameroon IIRC. Good times.

·
Kiss my Grits!
115 Posts
Raddlers are for chicks and guys with a lot of self-confidence. I have been to Germany a few times and they have always made Raddlers with beer and lemon soda (Sprite) here, but fanta over there.

I find that cold beer is quite refreshing on a hot day, all by itself, and I don't like to drink soda because I here it is not good for you.

·
dirtbag
1,533 Posts
I haven't had a bad radler since I've been here in Stuttgart but I do find that the pre-mixed radlers (the ones that come in bottles or cans) do taste sweeter than the ones that you order from the local brauhaus or biergarten.
If you like radlers try a diesel or colaweizen.
tschuss

·
Uncle
4,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah!

commo_soulja said:
If its got a mountain biker on the label, it's gotta be good!

From the local brauerei the next town over.
Looks right to me when the weather gets warm. Probably all the rage at the dirt jump parks, huh? Available stateside? Save the heavy grains for breakfast, and save the finger waving emoticon for guys that wear white socks with their lycra kits. :thumbsup:

·
Butcher
529 Posts
TwoHeadsBrewing said:
Never had it, but it looks tasty. These days I've been enjoying my homebrewed West Coast Pilsner and Sierra Nevada's Pilsner (Beer Camp brew). And Summerfest...oh and Chico Wheat which is their Crystal Wheat but in bottles. Pretty tasty stuff, definitely great for a post-ride beverage to wash the dust down.
Had lunch at the Taproom today. They had a Camp Beer called "High Sierra" (or something like that) in honor of the music festival. Basically tasted like a quality light beer to me. Went well with calamari and a salad though. If they keg'd it I'd pick one up for the summer.

Also been diggin' on the Green Flash IPA from San Diego. Picked up a sixer at World Market.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.