Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Family and I are planning a trip up the east coast this summer, final destination, New Hampahire. Thinking sometime mid to late June. We are in very preliminary stages of planning, so anything is possible at this point

I am looking for advice and suggestions on:

Camping

Must ride trails - I fancy myself an all mountain rider... am pretty slow, but can ride just about anything...

Other sights/scenes not to miss

We should be there for two weeks or so... with another week for the travel part from NC, stopping along the way to visit friends.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
32 Posts
well, theres great camping and riding all over the state. Im sure you know but def check out the white mountains. The presidential range is awesome for hiking with plenty of camping options in the summer months.A drive up Mount Washington is a good thing to do also. As far as riding goes, a must ride trail I think would be the Fort Rock trails in Exeter, NH. Close to the beach is thats on your list. The Kancamagus Highway scenic drive is a great thing to do for the family. Lots of hikes and great siteseeing. Lake Winnipesaukee is also a fun destination on a warm day. Anyways those are some sites too see but you cant go too wrong with a vacation in New Hampshire. Im sure others will chime in with plenty of vacation ideas and their must ride trail options.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Depending how long you decide to stick around like the above poster there are many place to see, ride, and camp. Between the portsmouth and manchester area there are trails like:

Fort rock Exeter (verry technical but tons of fun),
http://www.nemba.org/ridingzone/Fort_Rock.html

FOMBA Auburn (vairing terrain, clearly marked loops off of a snowmobile trail)
http://www.fomba.org/

Pautuckaway Nottingham (lots of trails also different levels and some camping areas) http://www.nhstateparks.com/paw.html

A great place to check for a bunch of info is nemba.org

When you decide to come up here shoot me a PM and id be willing to meet at any trail and do some riding. I mostly stick to fomba and fort rock cause its real close to me.

·
the train keeps rollin
3,214 Posts
I would hit up any of the following locations in New England. Search them up, good stuff.

Arcadia State Park, RI
Vietnam, MA
Harold Parker State Parke(hp), MA
Lynn Woods, MA
Marshabesic, MA
Fomba, NH
Fort Rock, NH
Bear Brook State Park, NH
White Mtns, NH
Millstone, VT
Kingdon Trails, VT
Waterbury, VT
Bradbury State Park, ME
Mt A, ME

lift serve
Highland, NH
Killington, VT
Sunday River, ME

·
Registered
456 Posts
Suggest you also take in some of NH's less visited but spectacular:

Connecticut Lakes region and swimming in Garfield Falls.
Moose Alley ( Rt 3 north of Pittsburg where moose gather on the roadside at dusk every night May>Aug)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.