Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
sock puppet
Joined
·
8,104 Posts
prerode it yesterday...

north_of_us said:
Who's in? Anyone pre-ride the course?
10 kms long, lots of double track at the beginning but it is most all singletrack after that (with short doubletrack connections)...

it is FAST - lots of sand and some hair corners at high speed with sand where you dont want it... they put protection on 2 trees on the outside of the turn on the finishing double track descent... there is sandy patch right in the middle of the fast lane - watch out... you will be going 40+ here...

not much climbing - except for 2 anaerobic climbs..

it is a combination of serious and fun trails...

times will be in around 25-26 minutes for skinny freaks, around 30 minutes for those of us in great shape, mid 30s for the rest of the field...
 

·
Misfit Psycles
Joined
·
2,772 Posts
osokolo said:
times will be in around 25-26 minutes for skinny freaks, around 30 minutes for those of us in great shape, mid 30s for the rest of the field...
wonder if that will stick. isnt the general target about 10 minutes slower for an 8hr? and hardwood without an extra dose of climbs??? whatever am i going to do? learn to ride single track? i say hell no!

dear hardwood please add more climbs of the uphill variety, in fact please remove all downhills and replace with uphills...long and slow not short and steep...hello? is this thing on???
 

·
sock puppet
Joined
·
8,104 Posts
if what will stick???

nogearshere said:
wonder if that will stick. isnt the general target about 10 minutes slower for an 8hr? and hardwood without an extra dose of climbs??? whatever am i going to do? learn to ride single track? i say hell no!

dear hardwood please add more climbs of the uphill variety, in fact please remove all downhills and replace with uphills...long and slow not short and steep...hello? is this thing on???
i did 2 laps at 32 mins, wasnt really pushing... i am hoping for 30min laps... i pre-rode the REAL course for the race, they have it marked already... you will get your dose of "climbing" on the opening double track as it is 1km+ of slow and easy climbing, but if you pick up your pace, you can make it a heart pumping experience... wooden chips on the surface dont really speed you up either... so there is a little bit of something for everyone...
 

·
Misfit Psycles
Joined
·
2,772 Posts
i was wondering if the distance and target lap tymes will stick. granted chico is not setting the course, but usually there are adjustments to the course to keep lap tymes around a standard...and 30 minutes sounds fast...s'all...

mind you there will be some of them thar evil average citizens slowing you down...you are a marked man...i put your photo up in the newbie forum...

"see son, fishings simple. bait the hook, throw it out and wait..."
 

·
sock puppet
Joined
·
8,104 Posts
average citizens...

nogearshere said:
i was wondering if the distance and target lap tymes will stick. granted chico is not setting the course, but usually there are adjustments to the course to keep lap tymes around a standard...and 30 minutes sounds fast...s'all...
last three 8 hrs events that i participated in (for Luke at Albion, for Luke in Durham region, and epic at Mansfield) all had lap times in 30 min general area (good times)...

mind you there will be some of them thar evil average citizens slowing you down...
Wait a minute, Arek didn't say he was coming, did he?

you are a marked man...i put your photo up in the newbie forum...
ahhh... that is why all these chicks are emailng me now... figures...

:D :D :D
 

·
Misfit Psycles
Joined
·
2,772 Posts
osokolo said:
last three 8 hrs events that i participated in (for Luke at Albion, for Luke in Durham region, and epic at Mansfield) all had lap times in 30 min general area (good times)...
osopoko - i am so fast, i am so fast...

osokolo said:
Wait a minute, Arek didn't say he was coming, did he?
i hope so, he's a good fella. plus we can finish with jello wrastlin.

osokolo said:
ahhh... that is why all these chicks are emailng me now... figures...

:D :D :D
actually i must confess, i had misfit business cards done up with your info...daddy???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,590 Posts
Thanks for the snicker...

nogearshere said:
osopoko - i am so fast, i am so fast...

i hope so, he's a good fella. plus we can finish with jello wrastlin.

actually i must confess, i had misfit business cards done up with your info...daddy???
Thanks for interrupting my afternoon with a good laugh. I am not being sarcastic...But you were and it is quite humourous. I hope Oggie finds that too...

Neil
 

·
sock puppet
Joined
·
8,104 Posts
nogearshere said:
osopoko - i am so fast, i am so fast...
wasn't talking about me... i am just a middle aged biker whose mind is constantly issuing cheques that my body can not cash...

i hope so, he's a good fella. plus we can finish with jello wrastlin.
i'll leave it to you two to sort it out... dont like jello...

actually i must confess, i had misfit business cards done up with your info...daddy???
well, now i am famous, am i not? maybe i can score a ride with geoarcheologist now...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 

·
sock puppet
Joined
·
8,104 Posts
oh yeah...

mtbmeister said:
Thanks for interrupting my afternoon with a good laugh. I am not being sarcastic...But you were and it is quite humourous. I hope Oggie finds that too...

Neil
how can i get mad at this moth#@!#ing son of a #!$#?

besides, i cant afford to get him to help Arek and beat me up as a team...
 

·
Misfit Psycles
Joined
·
2,772 Posts
osokolo said:
i mean, nogearshere...

:D :D :D
i heard tell that you were in attendance again this eve...whats up with that? you anti-social tosser...c'mon, i am totally at a disadvantage...i know not who you are...right i had not tent today but seriously...i am practically a celebrity in my own mind with beer in hand, anti-social...i gots to be quazi easy to pick out.
 

·
sock puppet
Joined
·
8,104 Posts
well...

nogearshere said:
i heard tell that you were in attendance again this eve...whats up with that? you anti-social tosser...c'mon, i am totally at a disadvantage...i know not who you are...right i had not tent today but seriously...i am practically a celebrity in my own mind with beer in hand, anti-social...i gots to be quazi easy to pick out.
i ride only one black Ellsworth Truth (usually) on Tuesdays...

i always have the same YELLOW / BLACK jersey / shorts

at 205# i dont blend into the crowd

lets see what makes you different from about 100 potential candidates...

i saw few misfit psycles out there today

you are probably skinny and have shaved legs

you are shy and hide in the shade...

how the hell am i supposed to find you????? do i start socializing with every freak on rigid singlespeed?

please do tell....

:eekster: :eekster: :eekster:
 

·
Misfit Psycles
Joined
·
2,772 Posts
osokolo said:
lets see what makes you different from about 100 potential candidates...
i saw few misfit psycles out there today

you are probably skinny and have shaved legs

you are shy and hide in the shade...

how the hell am i supposed to find you????? do i start socializing with every freak on rigid singlespeed?
3 mp's all in a pile...the same pile. usually under my mp tent, today at the trunk of my car (because the tent was just too heavy).
i am 215+/- baggy shorts, shaved balding head. yes, shaving ends there - it is a proven fact that leg hair adds rigidity and strength to cycling legs...tour riders got it all wrong.

shy...ehhh...loud obnoxious and asked by chico to keep my distance from the mic in order to maintain sponsorship...ya.

tent next week.
you where that pink ribbon in yer hair, I'll find you!
 

·
sock puppet
Joined
·
8,104 Posts
pink ribbon?

nogearshere said:
you where that pink ribbon in yer hair, I'll find you!
no, not me, that was my boyfriend wearing it... stay away - i am very possessive...

i will find YOU next Tuesday... better have one bud for me in your trunk...
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top