Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to convert a Sultan to a 96er? I recently purchased a Carver 96er to try it out. I like the concept! Actually, I love the bike! It is a bike I can not quite catagorize. It is more "Trail".
What I would like to do is get a 96er in a full suspension frame. Trek sells one, but I am not a huge Trek fan! Moots also sell one now, made in the USA, ti, too much! Lets face it, I am a Turner guy!
Can any one help me figure out what it would do to the geometry of a Sultan?
Please do not turn this into a 26 vs. 29 debate! They are both great! It is all on the riding style and rider!!!

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Intense will do Spyder 96er with the 29" front and 26" rear, and the geometry isn't all whacked out.

On a Sultan, I think you'd lower the BB by close to an inch and put the head angle at <69 degrees.

It'd probably ride super-funky.

I wouldn't even try it myself.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just thought of something. Take a Sultan frame and put a Flux rear triangle on the rear? That would shorten up the rear stays to fit a 26" rear. Sound right? What rockers?????
Will this work?
What do the Turner guys think?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.