Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little birdy might have said that there might be an unspoken pact that if you are off the trail by 8:30am during the week, you probably won't have any problems

In an unrelated note, I rode J-drop and Goat trail this morning and somehow ended up on Sunset :confused:

·
Registered
Revel Rascal
598 Posts
The Wicked Witch of Old Ranch Road doesn't have any set patrolling hours. Regardless, it doesn't stop me from "ending up on Sunset" any time of the day or night, weekdays or weekends.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Horse trail is a legal bike trail. The fact the horse club won an easement many years ago does not preclude bikes from riding on a trail that has been used by many bikes for many years. Nor does it give random people the right to enforce rules of their own making on property that is not their own.

Nowdays when I run into someone on it who challenges me I simply ask "Are you the property owner?" when the say they're not I tell them (sharply) that they should contact the property owner or the police for enforcement, but that 'm not interested in having debate club with them and ride off.

Some poeple living down there have a bad case of Entitlement-itus...

·
Banned
4,816 Posts
Horse trail is a legal bike trail. The fact the horse club won an easement many years ago does not preclude bikes from riding on a trail that has been used by many bikes for many years. Nor does it give random people the right to enforce rules of their own making on property that is not their own.

Nowdays when I run into someone on it who challenges me I simply ask "Are you the property owner?" when the say they're not I tell them (sharply) that they should contact the property owner or the police for enforcement, but that 'm not interested in having debate club with them and ride off.

Some poeple living down there have a bad case of Entitlement-itus...
If Horse trail is a legal bike trail, then I would by all means never hesitate to ride a legal bike on it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.