Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone heard about someone dying in Sullivan Canyon? I heard from two different sources last week that some dude went over the handle bars and broke his neck. anyone else hear anything?

·
BODYSNATCHER
287 Posts
It's true

smichels said:
has anyone heard about someone dying in Sullivan Canyon? I heard from two different sources last week that some dude went over the handle bars and broke his neck. anyone else hear anything?
I volunteer for the MBU, and we were told he did just that, on the last little "hot dog" section along side the fire road, almost to the end.
A real drag.

·
you go ahead
709 Posts
I never rode that part.

I walked it and even then I almost killed myself. Well I didn't die, but I did bonk from the effort I had to exert to hike/bike the trail. Lay down on Sullivan Ridge and waited for the ice cream van.

(thank you whoever you were that gave me food :) )

Sullivan can get dangerous after the rains.

rustyb :)

·
Registered
981 Posts
That link is for the fatal incident on Westridge, not Sullivan Canyon as the original poster mentioned.

Perhaps the original poster meant Westridge then. Adam Don died at the scene from breaking his neck in several places after crashing on the landing.

There were flowers placed there a couple weeks ago when I rode by.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Are you referring to the death of Adam Don on Westridge, the trail to above Sullivan Canyon? I haven't heard of any deaths in Sullivan itself.

Adam crashed after taking the jump on Westridge where the singletrack and fireroad come together. He attempted to jump the berm that lead back up to the singletrack section.

There is an extensive thread over on socalmtb.com with post from those who found him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.