Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to road triathlons and plan to get a hardtail mountain bike soon to train for (and eventually compete in) off-road tris. Can someone give me examples of hardtail bikes that would be suitable for off-road tris? I don't want to spend more money than is necessary but don't want to get a bike that can't peform.

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
159 Posts
It sounds like you want the specilized tri-cross. This bike has a rigid fork and a road bike frame but has flat handle bars. It has skinny, road like tires but they are desined for off road. This bike is a cross between a road and a mountain bike. If you are looking for a good mountain bike look at the specilized Rockhopper comp disc. What is your price range?

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
giant alameda rider said:
It sounds like you want the specilized tri-cross. This bike has a rigid fork and a road bike frame but has flat handle bars. It has skinny, road like tires but they are desined for off road. This bike is a cross between a road and a mountain bike. If you are looking for a good mountain bike look at the specilized Rockhopper comp disc. What is your price range?
Man you be getting around, cool :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::rockon:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.