Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
If you think you can
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering who on here has ridden it and cleaned everything on it? I did it for my first time today, damn its a fun trail. It really humbled me though. There is some pretty big stuff there. Props to the builders!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Are you kidding me?! Do I need a secret code to find out where this top secret trail is too?? It's like pulling teeth just to get info from "fellow riders" in this area. It's terrible that I'm realizing one thing from creating an account on this website, and that is, there are alot more tools and a$$ clowns riding bikes than I ever thought... Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
556 Posts
No it's quite easy just use the PM function to find out. Problems arise from posting that kind of info on a public forum.

1. People park in front of home owners houses making a punch of noise, leaving trash and many other forms of being inconsiderate. That gets things closed and destroyed.

2. People ride stuff with no info get in over there heads get hurt and heli-vaced out. That gets thing closed and destroyed.

3. People post direction and the rangers browse these forums to find locations of outlaw trails. That gets things closed and destroyed.

4. High traffic and rude riders on the trails upset hikers and equestrians. That gets things closed and destroyed.

When things closed and destroyed, the builders and local riders are sad.

This trail is a few hours away from S.D. but I'm sure they have the same problems. I've been riding this trail since the mid 90's and have done my part to not cause any problems here. PM me if you need more details.

Good luck and happy Tails.

·
If you think you can
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
trail bait said:
No it's quite easy just use the PM function to find out. Problems arise from posting that kind of info on a public forum.

1. People park in front of home owners houses making a punch of noise, leaving trash and many other forms of being inconsiderate. That gets things closed and destroyed.

2. People ride stuff with no info get in over there heads get hurt and heli-vaced out. That gets thing closed and destroyed.

3. People post direction and the rangers browse these forums to find locations of outlaw trails. That gets things closed and destroyed.

4. High traffic and rude riders on the trails upset hikers and equestrians. That gets things closed and destroyed.

When things closed and destroyed, the builders and local riders are sad.

This trail is a few hours away from S.D. but I'm sure they have the same problems. I've been riding this trail since the mid 90's and have done my part to not cause any problems here. PM me if you need more details.

Good luck and happy Tails.
Right on. Lets keep it open!

·
Registered
938 Posts
Its not like the rangers dont know about this trail, its been there forever and they plow it as far as they can ever few years to make a firebreak. In fact they just plowed the lower part like 3 weeks ago so its all sandy and loose. When you ride it just be nice to the hikers because there are alot of them even though it is a dh trail

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
DHidiot said:
If that's your attitude, you don't need to be riding that trail.

Where were there ever any ruts on it to begin with??
before your time....that place is a sidewalk compared to what it use to be

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
jamesdc said:
Its not like the rangers dont know about this trail, its been there forever and they plow it as far as they can ever few years to make a firebreak. In fact they just plowed the lower part like 3 weeks ago so its all sandy and loose. When you ride it just be nice to the hikers because there are alot of them even though it is a dh trail
ummmm actually you could drive up that fireroad in the early 70's

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.