Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
not a forum admin
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, what bars are tall folks using on 29ers/SS?

This Norco came with some 26" bars which are just too small for someone 6'4" - on my DH i run 28" bars but those are risers.

I've been looking around, seems like Gravity makes wide flat bar, Ritchey as well with the forward offset, any other good suggestions?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I just picked up a pair of Race Face Atlas FR bars. They're 30 inches wide and have a .5" rise. They work pretty well for me, I tilt them forward a bit in the stem and it flattens them out a bit more with a little more sweep as well.

·
aka "SirLurkAlot"
616 Posts
I have run both On-One Fleegle and the Salsa Pro Moto 17* bars.

Both are flat, wide and reasonably priced and work well.

·
3,049 Posts
Kore makes an 800mm bar. I cut mine down to 760 and like it very much. Salsa's new 780mm Whammy bar looks nice, too. Both come flat or low rise.

·
Registered
88 Posts
simen said:
Sunline or if you want Ti: Ticycles from flea-bay where you choose width and bend. Mine's 28'' and 14deg bend- 140$ plus shipping.
Sent a PM after seeing you bike on another post w/ SS, but since you've posted again, was wondering about the feel of the Ti bar as compared to carbon and/or aluminum.

·
Stayin' Puft
1,241 Posts
Two On-One Fleegles and one Ritchey 10 degree flat here. I like the Fleegle better, but at 260g, the Ritchey is 100g lighter than the Fleegles so it is my weight-weenie bar. The 31.8 clamp diameter on the Ritchey helps keep it relatively stiff, I wish it was 15 degree also instead of 10.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts