Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've downloaded the SC instructions how to replace the bearings on the pivot points for my Blue classic and while I've got the upper link and shock removed I can't get the lower to budge at all.

I've tried putting the 5mm allen back in and tapping it until bottoms out on the frame as per SC instructions- but nothing. I then put some lube in and let it sit on the ground hoping gravity takes hold and draws the lube in. Same thing after 24hrs and re- tapping with the mallet.

I can see the axles still spin and i'm using a 16oz mallet.

Anyone experience the same issue or have any other suggestions before I bring this thing to the LBS?

On a side not the axles have been in there for several years.

Patrick

·
a.k.a Slacker
535 Posts
Hey Patrick,
what you can do is remove the bolt on one side, while loosening the bolt on the other side, not much, but just enough wiggle room. I took a piece of 1x3 and took a couple of small wacks at it with a hammer (not much), just enough to budge it.

(you may want to loosely put the upper pivots back in until you get them all loose)

·
MEDBLKANOSCBLT2RP23
283 Posts
Might want to spray some wd40 etc in between the linkages as the pivot bolts kinda oxidize and crud up. The old rubber mallet and bolt extracted 3/4 the way out as previously posted will work.

Don't use the 16lb sledge! But do try to soak it with some lube.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just got them out. Not sure if it was all or just one idea that worked but thanks. I thought about re- using the axles but 1/2 of the bearing on each side came out as well and are frozen on. So, looks like I've got to order a pro pack from SC.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.