Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few CamelBak back packs and the straps smell like sh!t, from sweat, dirt, etc. I'm not worried about cleaning the bag, since I just normally just wipe it. But my main concern are the straps. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
398 Posts
I just throw the whole pack in the washer. Secure all the straps by cinching them down or wrapping them around the pack so they won't get caught up on anything. After it's been in there for a few minutes, you can get a brush and spot clean some of the more grimy areas, then throw it back in. After spin cycle, I just hang it to dry.

·
high pivot witchcraft
4,325 Posts
I just throw the whole pack in the washer. Secure all the straps by cinching them down or wrapping them around the pack so they won't get caught up on anything. After it's been in there for a few minutes, you can get a brush and spot clean some of the more grimy areas, then throw it back in. After spin cycle, I just hang it to dry.
x2. I wash my HAWG after every 4 or 5 rides. It is 7 years old and is still going strong.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I wash my hog at least once per day and I must be doing something right because it is almost 50 and still going strong

·
Registered
989 Posts
I occasionally throw my pack in our front loading washer on the most delicate setting. I also use same pack for snowboarding and a good powder session works pretty well too!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts