Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for suggestions on a DU bushing tool for installing/removing bushing on a shock. I see Rock Shox and Abbey tools each make one. 'In general Abbey tools are premium but the Rock Shox one looks decent. Suggestion on Rock Shox, Abbey or other?

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Old Rockshox is fine, if you get it...just drill out the threads in the pilot so a nut can be used to push it through (so the pilot doesn't spin through the eyelet).

Wheels (needs a vice/large clamp), "Enduro" (real world cycling), and Abbey all work well. Get whichever you can get reasonably cheap that works with your tools.

·
Evolutionsverlierer
3,082 Posts
I have an older one which someone here made and sold wish I could remember who that was and a different one from RWC which both work fine.

I do not have an Abbey one but I have their hanger tool and it is a joy to use and well thought out and properly build so I am sure their bushing tool will be no different.

Edit: the member making them I was referring to is
Not sure if he is still active.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.