·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
134lbs
xc racer- some rough trails.
will be used with Stans conversion.
need 6bolt disc.

Looking for basic/cheap/dependable disc training wheel.

Any ideas?
Onyx hubs, VCX or Synergy rims
Novatec hubs

thanks

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
shiggy said:
Nothing wrong with a set of Deore 6-bolt hubs for a solid, basic wheelset. Cheap, reliable, heavy. I bought my last set for less than a rear XT hub alone.
Currently, I am pissed off at my deore hubs. I decided it was time for an overhaul, and when i took my front wheel off, i found out that my axle was broken, no wonder it did not feel smooth. This is the second time this has happened to me. I weigh 155lbs, and ride an NRS.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Well if you want a "training wheel" then you want something with a little "Umph" to it so when you put on your race wheels you feel like you installed a turbo. In this case get a set of XT M756 hubs laced to some Mavic 321's or something and guarentee you that when you put your race set back on you'll really feel like you've aded a turbo to the bike :D BTW that's my always wheelset and it sure ain't light, but it was pretty inexpensive and takes aserious beating and keeps on ticking.

BTW - Good one Shiggy :D LMAO :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.