Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Been reading a lot and am pretty new to this sport. Was hoping I could get some suggestions for sites, that have all the stuff a new person would need like gloves, pump, etc.

Looking for the "Newegg" of online stores for mountain biking is there is such a thing.

Thanks for any assistance!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I haven't found an online bike shop that is the equivalent of what Newegg is to electronics.

I have ordered from JensonUSA and Pricepoint. Shipping to Washington was fast and no tax was charged. I have found a couple older items I couldn't find anywhere else at Chain Reaction Cycles. Shipping took forever though. All of these were already mentioned above.

Amazon is another well stocked, well priced, online store though obviously not completely bike orientated and you will most likely pay tax. I know Jenson and Pricepoint will match Amazon prices without tax though. Its good for a price check most of the time anyway.

You could also click the "hot deals" link at the top of the MTBR main page and find a veritable plethora of online shops vying for your business.
Hot Deals | Mountain Bike Reviews and Shopping

There is also the deals section of these very forums.
http://forums.mtbr.com/where-best-deals/

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
You didn't ask but I'll offer an opinion...

Your local bike shop. You may pay a little bit more but as a new rider, you'll also receive advice, local knowledge and you'll be able to try on the stuff you want but. Not all accessories fit the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.