Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Where is my mind?
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I are taking heading out to North Georgia the week of July 17th and I'm looking to do some trail riding. We're planning on staying at Fort Mt. and I'm looking for suggestions in the Ellijay or Helen area. Perhaps I can join someone for a ride out that way. I've done almost all the major trails in Central Florida. Not a fast rider, but I like to challenge myself.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Talk to Mike or Charlie @ Cartecay bikes in Ellijay and get the low down on the Bear Creek, Mountain Town, and Pinhotti trail systems. These are IMO the best trails in the state. We just did a ride there yesterday where we started midway on the Pinhotti trail and rode it and some of Bear Creek for a total mileage of about 25 miles. :thumbsup: If you're not up for something quite as challenging and remote, there is also the Red and White and River Loops which are a bit closer to downtown Ellijay and offer nice views of the Cartecay River. If you feel like venturing out from Ellijay hop on 515 north and head up to Blue Ridge and go to Tanasi, and ride there but a word of caution there is a SERC race going on there on the 16th of July so unless you want to race or wait for the last of the racers to finish, it might get a little crowded there. However these trails are another must see system, also home to the Ocoee River and the 1996 Olympic white water course. Feel free to post any questions here and I will do my best to answer them.:rockon: :cornut: :band:

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
I second Bear Creek Pinhotti and Tanasi. Great riding. If you are good on the reds at Santos, and riding at Razorback, you will be fine up there. The only thing you'll need to get used to is the climbing. Lots of climbing. Have fun!!

·
Where is my mind?
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick responses. I'll try to get in touch with Cartecay bikes. Psychobilly, do they have a web site? Max99, I've seen your pics at Ellijay and from what I've seen it looks like a lot of fun. It's been a long time since I've done any serious climbing and that was on my road bike, but I'm ready for the challenge. I can't wait to head out already.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Cyclopod said:
Thanks for the quick responses. I'll try to get in touch with Cartecay bikes. Psychobilly, do they have a web site? Max99, I've seen your pics at Ellijay and from what I've seen it looks like a lot of fun. It's been a long time since I've done any serious climbing and that was on my road bike, but I'm ready for the challenge. I can't wait to head out already.
Cartecay Bikes is a great place, they are really cool guys http://www.cartecaybikes.com/

The climbing is all doable, and coming down is a blast!! Have a great time.

·
Where is my mind?
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Max99 said:
Cartecay Bikes is a great place, they are really cool guys http://www.cartecaybikes.com/

The climbing is all doable, and coming down is a blast!! Have a great time.
Thanks for the link. The trail info is quite comprehensive. I'm gettin more excited. I'm gonna practice with some hill climbing intervals at San Felasco just to get the legs conditioned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.