Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've had my 21 Spd Gary for over a year now. It's a hardie and I really enjoy riding it. I don't have the money to buy a better bike so I've upgraded what I have on it with parts that were given to me or things that I've bought on closeout deals.
So far I've put on:

Azonic 1 1/2 inch Riser Bar (free)
Weiman Double Wall rims ($30 new)
Shimano DX SPD pedals (free)
RST Capa TL ($10 new in Ebay)
Specialized Enduro Tires (free)
Shimano Mega Range 34T ($20)

I've been thinking about upgrading something else on it. I just don't know where to start. I've told people of all my upgardes and they always tell me to just save my money and buy a new bike. But you see, in the past 1 year I've only spent less than $100 for all my upgrades and can't justify spending over $500 for a new bike since I have one that seems to do fine on the trails like Aliso Woods (Rock-It) and Fullerton Loop.

Any suggestions?

RL

·
(enter witty phrase here)
2,250 Posts
imapodaddy said:
I've been thinking about upgrading something else on it. I just don't know where to start.
That's probably a good sign that you don't need to upgrade anything. If you did, you'd know right where to start.

I've told people of all my upgardes and they always tell me to just save my money and buy a new bike.
Good advice. Or at the minimum, save your money until something breaks or for something which need a performance increase.

......a new bike since I have one that seems to do fine on the trails
If it's fine, it doesn't need upgrades.

Any suggestions?
If you've got money burning a hole in your pocket and don't know where to spend it, my bike could use some upgrades. ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
like tlg said, save money until something breaks or until you want a new bike. if your happy now, there is no need to upgrade

·
(enter witty phrase here)
2,250 Posts
So what we're trying to say is, ride often and ride hard so you break something. Then you'll have a legit excuse to upgrade :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts