Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Who are the brain police?
10,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ya'll. I thinking about trying my hand at endurance riding/racing. I'm looking for suggestions for a good place to ride that has mucho miles. I spent 7 hours in the Fells last Saturday and I ended up near the reseviors and was threatened with fines twice.

Basically I'm looking for somewhere to go that's within 1.5 hours drive of boston, that's only moderately challenging (I love tech riding, but I wanna go all day), with plenty of miles so I don't do small loops. I'm hoping to crank out 10-12 hours. I thought about Otis, but those constant hills would kill me after the 7 hour mark....

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
Locoman said:
Hi ya'll. I thinking about trying my hand at endurance riding/racing. I'm looking for suggestions for a good place to ride that has mucho miles. I spent 7 hours in the Fells last Saturday and I ended up near the reseviors and was threatened with fines twice.

Basically I'm looking for somewhere to go that's within 1.5 hours drive of boston, that's only moderately challenging (I love tech riding, but I wanna go all day), with plenty of miles so I don't do small loops. I'm hoping to crank out 10-12 hours. I thought about Otis, but those constant hills would kill me after the 7 hour mark....
Ride Harold Parker. You can do monster loops if you mix in Ward Reservation and some other surrounding unnamed reservations. Look for the Bay Circuit Trail. There are only a few major climbs and they are not that steep.

Greg

·
Registered
46 Posts
Bay Circuit Trail and Greenway

yogreg said:
Ride Harold Parker. You can do monster loops if you mix in Ward Reservation and some other surrounding unnamed reservations. Look for the Bay Circuit Trail. There are only a few major climbs and they are not that steep.

Greg
This is a link to a map of the area Greg spoke about
http://www.serve.com/baycircuit/amap3.pdf

and this is the website.
http://www.serve.com/baycircuit/

I have talked to guys who have ridden to Ipswich from HP using this trail.

HTH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.