Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After my third shoulder sprain of the summer due to over the bar crashes, I am looking for a light weight, cool as possible, armor that has shoulder protection.

I generally do aggressive trail riding and have been trying to jump what I can. (No downhill options in Houston, TX). Lately, all my crashes seem to be on bad landings that send me over the bars onto one of my shoulders. I am looking for something that will cushion my shoulder and collar bone area and give me time to heal. I prefer short sleeve and something that could be worn under a jersey.

The 661 Race Lite Jacket and Assault Pressure Suite seem like good options.

Any comments, or suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I was leaning towards. It looks like it has pretty good should cups but the suites not too bulky overall. Unfortunately, there I don't have the option of trying it on before I order.

I was not sure if there were any other companies I should be looking at.

·
Banned
1,004 Posts
string said:
Thats what I was leaning towards. It looks like it has pretty good should cups but the suites not too bulky overall. Unfortunately, there I don't have the option of trying it on before I order.

I was not sure if there were any other companies I should be looking at.
I love my Assualt suit, and I have tested it unfortunately, and it does work very well. I'm 5'10 and weigh 180, and the large was the right size for me, if that helps.

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
Hoots Vorpal is a nice no-sleever. Heavy enough but not too heavy.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That does help. I'm 5'8" 165 and was figuring on a medium.

Question, for those long hot days, can you fit a camelpack over the armor?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hoots looks interesting. Are there any us dealers? Hoots only lists QBP as the distributor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts