Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering what the folks here thought would be good trips to take for a weekend from Los Angeles. i would like to do a few trips where i leave thursday or friday afternoon and head back on a sunday. head out and do a ride or two while at destination X, and maybe see or do some "interesting" local activities.

i am thinking 6-8 hours of driving, tops. i would be interested in dh/fr/xc trails. i have a dh rig and armor for the nasty down, and a hartail w/ gears for stuff that involves pedaling up. i might be brining the grrrlie along, who does not ride (yet). it would be nice if destination X had some "chick stuff" to do in the day for her while i am off riding. or even better, some easy trails with good views to get her started on.

·
Registered
154 Posts
St George/Virgin Utah-About a 6-8 hourd drive and epic riding. You could stop off in Vegas on the way there or back and ride Bootleg Canyon. SO could hike in Zion national park and shop at the outlet malls near Vegas.
Another 6-8 trip could include South Mountain and Sedona Az. Both are excellent riding locations.
I've done both and they each have their own merits. I'd go before it gets to hot for either location though.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I second bootleg if you time it right.
I did it as a last minutr trip last July....Funk Dat $hit.
Too Damn Hot.

Santa Barbara is always a good quick get away.
Santa Cruz. Check the trail reviews on this site for ideas.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah

those were the thoughts i was having. i was wondering if there were any other location that might be a bit less obvious (not that i don't appreciate the suggestions).

when does bootleg start getting hot & [email protected]?

i was also thinking northstar & mammoth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.