Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Unfortunately I've got some cracks in my rear wheel and need to find replacements so I can get back to riding. I run 27.5 x 2.8 tires on my hardtail, so I guess looking for 35-40mm rims. Need boost, thru axle, XD driver, tubeless ready. What are some solid options for under like $500 or so for a set. Thanks.

·
Cycologist
16,919 Posts
Boost, non-boost, qr, axel?

I may be selling some 40i non-boost qr wheels with a 2.8 Ikon/Rekon set up tubeless with a lot of life left in them if you're interested. They are the stock wheels off of a 2017 Kona Unit so nothing fancy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Boost, non-boost, qr, axel?

I may be selling some 40i non-boost qr wheels with a 2.8 Ikon/Rekon set up tubeless with a lot of life left in them if you're interested. They are the stock wheels off of a 2017 Kona Unit so nothing fancy.
I need boost, thru axle wheels. Thanks for the question. I have updated my post to be more specific.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Unfortunately I've got some cracks in my rear wheel and need to find replacements so I can get back to riding. I run 27.5 x 2.8 tires on my hardtail, so I guess looking for 35-40mm rims. Need boost, thru axle, XD driver, tubeless ready. What are some solid options for under like $500 or so for a set. Thanks.
There were some custom wheel suggestions in my $700 27.5 wheel thread. When I was shopping the various places they all had sub $500 options for some really nicely specs wheels.

An example: Several options to build a 35mm rim (Raceface, Stans, or Spank hoops) with Bitex hubs less than $500.

·
turtles make me hot
11,821 Posts
I build lots of wheels with Bike Hub Store hubs and Raceface AR and ARC RIMS. The ARs usually come in around 400 dollars and the Arcs closer to 500. Great quality stuff at a decent price. Make sure the builder uses decent double butted spokes.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Not sure when they will come back in stock:

1 - 11 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.