Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was getting ready to sell my Mountain Cycle San Andreas, when someone pointed out a crack in the frame below the headset. Last that I saw this crack is appeared to be just a paint defect and I didn't think twice about it. So I sent an email to Mountain Cycle with a picture of the crack and their response was "if you ever want to have kids or front teeth, don't ever ride this bike again". (I embellished this quote for humor's sake) So my question is, what the crap do I do with this bike now? One obvious answer would be to strip the bike of its components and sell them individually, but I hate dealing with payment / shipping.
 

Attachments

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
Can you get crash replacement on a new frame from them?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,104 Posts
Is it just the picture...

...or does the frame have a ding in the main tube from the dual crown fork?

At least it looks like you'll have a nice looking frame to hang on your wall after you part the rest of the stuff off of it...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you get crash replacement on a new frame from them?
maybe if it wasn't a 2000 frame, I'll give them a call

...or does the frame have a ding in the main tube from the dual crown fork?
yes, it has that too

At least it looks like you'll have a nice looking frame to hang on your wall after you part the rest of the stuff off of it...
thats the best that I can come up with too :p oh well
 

·
Not just famous; infamous
Joined
·
1,069 Posts
Give Mtn Cycles a call

letsgoride said:
maybe if it wasn't a 2000 frame, I'll give them a call
Sometimes companies will cut you a break on a replacement frame if you express interest in staying with their product. Two words: customer loyalty.

You may not get a free replacement, but you may get one at a reduced cost.

It's worth a try. Too bad the supergo ACs are gone, you coulda gotten a new frame for, what, $300??
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
kristian said:
...and the best thing you can find to occupy your time is MTBR?!?!
Psh, I took my blazer and had fun in the snow. :D Knocked it into 4-low and was haulin through the streets that were still covered. Went through a few decent sized drifts and only almost got high-centered once or twice. :p Then sometimes the roads were blocked so I drove up onto the curb and road on the area around it until it was unblocked. it was fun. :D
 

·
Stand back
Joined
·
4,213 Posts
u didn't miss much

COmtbiker12 said:
Psh, I took my blazer and had fun in the snow. :D Knocked it into 4-low and was haulin through the streets that were still covered. Went through a few decent sized drifts and only almost got high-centered once or twice. :p Then sometimes the roads were blocked so I drove up onto the curb and road on the area around it until it was unblocked. it was fun. :D
Eldora was busy, and I think they overestimated their snowfall.
But yeah, I found all the powder I wanted in the trees and rode until my knee cried uncle. :D
Btw, 4 low is for pulling and steep grades, 4 hi is all ya need in snow...
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,104 Posts
Cool

COmtbiker12 said:
Psh, I took my blazer and had fun in the snow. :D Knocked it into 4-low and was haulin through the streets that were still covered. Went through a few decent sized drifts and only almost got high-centered once or twice. :p Then sometimes the roads were blocked so I drove up onto the curb and road on the area around it until it was unblocked. it was fun. :D
That's more like it :).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,104 Posts
letsgoride said:
yes, it has that too
Did you buy it from a guy in Colorado Springs? I know someone who used to have a red San Andreas with the same ding in the tube right there who sold it a few years back. That's probably a pretty common ding though...
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
dbabuser said:
Eldora was busy, and I think they overestimated their snowfall.
But yeah, I found all the powder I wanted in the trees and rode until my knee cried uncle. :D
Btw, 4 low is for pulling and steep grades, 4 hi is all ya need in snow...
Sweet. I was hoping to go up to Breck for a halfday but my Dad had to work. :( I figured 4low would keep me from going too fast since I have a tendency of doing that in bad road conditions. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
kristian said:
Did you buy it from a guy in Colorado Springs? I know someone who used to have a red San Andreas with the same ding in the tube right there who sold it a few years back. That's probably a pretty common ding though...
Its a really common ding because its a light weight aluminium frame and you don't think that it will dent until it happens. they sell a steerer stop which would have been a good investment, but I was broke at the time and $50 seemed steep. oh well, live and learn...I got my money's worth for the bike, maybe I'll just try to sell the main components off the bike and "hang it on my wall".
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top