Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son is starting to outgrow his bikes, so I was looking to start building a a lightweight XS 26" bike. I was originally going to build him a Sette Reken, but I don't think they are making them any longer. Looking for something decent but not invest a ton of money on the frame. I plan to build this over a period of a year so he should be ready for it by next year.

I am not against finding him a used 24" bike in the meantime, but most used ones in my area seemed to be overpriced lately.

Any suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sounds like you have time on your side, which is the key. All I can suggest is to keep an eye on eBay for a used 13" or 14" frame. I picked up an 09 Rockhopper 13" frame for my son and a Cube 14" for my daughter. Both were in good condition and light. But it took a couple of months of watching eBay for them to come up. In the meantime I started getting together the parts which were frame independent, like wheels and groupset. Once I ahd the frame I got the seatpost etc.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for giving me some options. I will start keeping my eyes open for something to come up. In the mean time. I found an older Trek MT220 for $15, so for now I will order some parts that can be used later for the 26" build.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.