Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
W/ the family heading out of town, I may be able to carve a few days out next week for a small solo working vacation. I would love to get out of the bay area for a few days and check out some trails I haven't ridden before.

My default would be to visit friends in Santa Cruz or Sonoma County, but I would love to consider suggestions for places I might go within say a three hour drive of Berkeley that I haven't spent time, since totally unencumbered time is such a rarity these days.

I'd be looking for somewhere with:

-great trails that are in shape to ride next week. enough for say 3 short (2-3 hour) rides and an all day one
-camping possibilities, ideally w/ and option for showers somewhere
-coffee shop(s) in which to work between rides (decent cell service a plus)

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Over it
3,799 Posts
Ever been to Paradise Royale and/or Mendocino? Could be a good combo.

VV SLO is also a really cool town with good riding!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
One of the many wonderful things about CA..you can be in any number of amazing places within a long day's drive no matter where you start.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Rent a house in Fort Bragg/Mendocino, or Shelter Cove. Both would be within a 3-5 hr dr or so, and offer you riding opportunities, with beach and hiking for the family time. Fort Bragg has more family amenities though, ie grocery store, movie theater, more food options, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts