Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Basura Blanca
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the missus and I are dropping the kid off at camp near Hillside this Wednesday, and don't have to pick her up until Saturday. Plan is to first hit the CT section south of Cottonwood Pass, but beyond that I'm hoping for suggestions. I was thinking of making a loop up toward Breck, but am wondering if the portion of the CT east of Tiger Run RV park is snow-free. Was also thinking of taking her up Searle Pass, but that's sure to be under snow. I've got a couple other options in mind, but I'd be grateful for any suggestions and recent beta. I'll happily compensate you with beer next time we meet if Donna and I hit one of your suggested rides. Muchas gracias,
- Joe

·
Registered
161 Posts
around leadville the halfmoon to twin lakes is all clear. Interlocken trail and colorado trail south from there is clear. Turquoise lake trail is clear as well. If you're up in leadville on tues. or thurs. we have a group ride that leaves from Cycles of Life at 6pm on those days. enjoy your vacation

·
contains quinine
4,619 Posts
NuMexJoe said:
So the missus and I are dropping the kid off at camp near Hillside this Wednesday, and don't have to pick her up until Saturday. Plan is to first hit the CT section south of Cottonwood Pass, but beyond that I'm hoping for suggestions. I was thinking of making a loop up toward Breck, but am wondering if the portion of the CT east of Tiger Run RV park is snow-free. Was also thinking of taking her up Searle Pass, but that's sure to be under snow. I've got a couple other options in mind, but I'd be grateful for any suggestions and recent beta. I'll happily compensate you with beer next time we meet if Donna and I hit one of your suggested rides. Muchas gracias,
- Joe
Last weekend snowline was pretty low in Breck - we made a day trip to Salida to play in the dry. You may have much more luck down there for good rides. I think I heard Rainbow was open...

·
Basura Blanca
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all; great info! Yeah, Methodist Mtn is on my list of options, and I'd considered maybe heading up to Leadville after reading some of Nathan Ward's trail suggestions. That may be the preferred direction to had if the snow is still that low in Breck. Sheep Creek also sounds good, although I'll definitely need to pick up a map. Uncrowded is good - it's what we're used to. Regards,
- Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.