Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this bike from a friend almost 3 years ago, and as far as I can tell it still has the same components it came with. I am particularly interested in changing the suspension for one that can be locked or adjusted because the current suspension is quite bouncy, specially while ridding on flat surfaces.

Some disc brakes would be great to have, but after taking it to a local shop, I was told that disc brakes were not a recommended install because the could cause the frame to break (they were talking about the rear ones)..

I like this bike a lot and ride it XC and some light DH.

thanks!

(you can find info on that bike here http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/BikeSpecs.aspx?ItemID=77865&Type=bike)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yeah another problem with disc brakes would be you will need new wheels as well. I imagine the bouncyness is from the rear shock rather than the fork. You might have adjustment on the fork to make it stiffer tho?

If you really want to keep the bike then it is probably worth spending money on it BUT you will very quickly spend more than it is worth.

·
Registered
394 Posts
That is a great bike, had one for nine years. First thing I did was replaced all the pivot bushings with bearings "mountain speed" high dollar at time, about 120.00, don't know if you can even get them anymore, also installed a better fork. I never had a problem with mine being bouncy, have you adjusted the shock coil at all, or maybe just the wrong coil for your weight.The reason I ended up giving my bike to my uncle is because I ride some pretty messy stuff at times and really needed to go to discs, so I bought a new bike last spring, still miss the fsr at times had alot of great rides on it. Now to my LONG drawn out point, I would ride the crap out of it the way it is and save my money for a new bike, you'll be much happier in the long run. Take care

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.