Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT: Oops the title should say "Suggest shock for Flite AM bike".

I got my Sette Flite bike which came with a Monarch 3.1 shock. The shock is leaking and I'm considering replacing it with another type of shock altogether.

The Flite has single-pivot (faux-bar) suspension. I weigh around 190lbs.

The bike will be used for mostly XC/Aggresssive XC and the occasional jumps.

I don't know about shock pricing, but I'd like to make a cost conscious choice.

What shocks would you suggest and why?

Thx.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
derailin_palin said:
Contact Pricepoint for a replacement to the shock if you if you can. They might upgrade you to something better, as was the case with some other people on this forum.
The replacement shock is back ordered from what he told me. They are upgrading him also.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have a Swinger 4-way coil on mine, bought as a frame only before the complete builds were available and have been very happy with it. I'm about your weight and ended up swapping the 550 Lb spring out for a 500 Lb to get the sag where I wanted it. I notice very little pedal bob while either seated or standing and its nice and smooth on the downhills.

My only gripe with it is that is a bit of a pain to adjust the pressure in the SPV can due to the proximity of the downtube. My shock pump has a pretty large adapter on it though so that doesn't help.

You can find them dirt cheap too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.