Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend and I want to get into mountain biking (nothing hardcore but maybe in the later future). I just got a Trek 820 '05 model as a gift but I'd like to return it :D (already!? my parent's said) and get a better mountain bike. I mean the bike was solid as a rock but I think the front sus is kinda cheap and i'm not too sure about its components...but anyway.

My price range is $900 tops.

My riding will consist of paved trails, dirt trails, minor drops (3ft or so), stumps, rocks, and other various small obstacles. Again nothing hardcore.

FS or HT? Not sure. I'm coming from a BMX background so I'm not really use to suspension as a whole.

Suggestions guys? If you have any other questions please post. Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
jumper8 said:
My friend and I want to get into mountain biking (nothing hardcore but maybe in the later future). I just got a Trek 820 '05 model as a gift but I'd like to return it :D (already!? my parent's said) and get a better mountain bike. I mean the bike was solid as a rock but I think the front sus is kinda cheap and i'm not too sure about its components...but anyway.

My price range is $900 tops.

My riding will consist of paved trails, dirt trails, minor drops (3ft or so), stumps, rocks, and other various small obstacles. Again nothing hardcore.

FS or HT? Not sure. I'm coming from a BMX background so I'm not really use to suspension as a whole.

Suggestions guys? If you have any other questions please post. Thanks for reading!
For the price point you are looking at I would highly recommend getting a hardtail. A good one to use as measuring stick is the Giant Iguana or Ranier.

TJ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts