Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is just a big "thank you" to the Brindley family who donated money in memory of their son Justin who passed away. They had a little mountain bike trail in Sugar Land built in Justin's memory. ArkansasTrail builders built around 10 TTFs mostly cool little skinnies with two that have about a 4ft drop to tranny. It's a short trail and loose but should pack down over time. No real elevation but with a little work it could be more fun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
It's pretty nice for what it is but I can see someone getting hurt on some of those narrow bridges they built. A 2 ft wide bridge is pretty narrow when you have a 6 ft drop below you. I just hope none of the little kids rolling the hike and bike try and ride those skinnies.
 

·
ride more.
Joined
·
622 Posts
...

Lunar -

The trails look sweet. Houston is in dire need of sustainable trails that are supported by the riders. There are trails much more difficult than the new Sugarland trails that are built on city owned lands throughout the west. Enjoy the new trail and push for more. Your skills will improve and you will be glad that you did.

doc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
LOL. " Your skills will improve" I'm not talking about me taking the fall. I'm talking about the neighborhood kids that wander into the trails.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
666 Posts
LunarDDS said:
It's pretty nice for what it is but I can see someone getting hurt on some of those narrow bridges they built. A 2 ft wide bridge is pretty narrow when you have a 6 ft drop below you. I just hope none of the little kids rolling the hike and bike try and ride those skinnies.
Bite me. We get ONE trail with some fun TTF's and people are already crying like little babies. Can't ride 'em? Stay the F'k off of 'em until you get some skills. I can't believe a biker is complaining about that. 2' wide is huge. Must be a f'king lawyer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
WaveDude said:
Bite me. We get ONE trail with some fun TTF's and people are already crying like little babies. Can't ride 'em? Stay the F'k off of 'em until you get some skills. I can't believe a biker is complaining about that. 2' wide is huge. Must be a f'king lawyer.
I sense localism. Have elements of your other passion migrated into biking? BTW, do u have a home break? I would love to drop in on you a few times :D .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
I have to say this is quite an interesting reaction to my simple little thought. I didn't know it was such a hot button with you guys. I guess I better bow out before some tough guy like wavedude kicks my internet ass. Stay classy Sugarland.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I believe they will be posting info at the trailhead concerning the TTFs so everyone, including parents of young ones will use common sense. There is a plank skinny with a pretty good drop on both sides but again there's not a "common sense" handout right before. Hopefully, everyone will have a little bit as they become familiar with the trails. It is cool and unique for suburbia to have something like this and it comes from a family whose
dedicated it for the loss of their son so enjoy 'em AND like any trail, be careful.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
The city of Sugarland and the Brindleys were very proactive in getting the trail done. Joe Chesser and Kimberly Terrell with the Parks Dept. did a huge amount of work to get the city council to go along with the plan. The Brindleys actually requested more technical nature in the trails. My company did the initial layout of the trail system some 2 years ago, and because of some red tape, the bid didn't happen until this spring. Progressive won the bid and it sounds like they did a good job. There were only two Professional Trail Builders Association members that bid on the project, us and PTD. I'm glad that if we didn't get it, the other qualified company did and not a general contractor.
 

·
Got Mojo?
Joined
·
1,190 Posts
dmonbike said:
The city of Sugarland and the Brindleys were very proactive in getting the trail done. Joe Chesser and Kimberly Terrell with the Parks Dept. did a huge amount of work to get the city council to go along with the plan. The Brindleys actually requested more technical nature in the trails. My company did the initial layout of the trail system some 2 years ago, and because of some red tape, the bid didn't happen until this spring. Progressive won the bid and it sounds like they did a good job. There were only two Professional Trail Builders Association members that bid on the project, us and PTD. I'm glad that if we didn't get it, the other qualified company did and not a general contractor.
You sure do talk alot like you know about trailbuilding.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top