Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so before today, well about 2 hours ago all I thought I could hit were jumps with about 4 foot gaps , but I was just out making a jump and I ended up making the landing about 8-9 feet away and I can do it no problem its an awesome feeling. Anyone else have an experience like this?

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
glad it worked out....sometimes it just clicks and you can make it happen. it has happened to me before with certain things. just relax and pin it:cool:

Xsjado said:
Ok so before today, well about 2 hours ago all I thought I could hit were jumps with about 4 foot gaps , but I was just out making a jump and I ended up making the landing about 8-9 feet away and I can do it no problem its an awesome feeling. Anyone else have an experience like this?

·
Retread soul rider
93 Posts
built right

sounds like you built your jump just right - when a lip is good the jump takes hardly any effort at all and feels really good. congrats.

the progression you feel today is mostly about knowing you are able to commit to hitting a bigger jump. that's cool.

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
yeah, that's excellent...

maybe it has something to do with you actually BUILDING the jump? I find that's way easier if I can build and fine tune the sections myself... but usually, if I come up to someone else's section or a new jump area, I'm super intimidated by the big lines because I have absolutely no clue what the run up is like, or how much speed or pump to use.... it's just a completely different feeling for me. but then again, my favorite trick is the dead sailor... :skep:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
God damn kids, i know everyone has to start somewhere and all that jazz but why the hell do they have to wreck other peoples jumps. The jump was probably just over 3 feet high and i had made the lip perfect, i went over today and it was trashed, it was about a foot high, no lip at all and the landing was completely gone. This pisses me off soo much. F***. I had to start from pretty much scratch today and im only about 3/4 done but i guess eating is a necessity(sp?)

·
Retread soul rider
93 Posts
Not saying this applies to your situation, but here in San Antonio there's a park with a long history of having some mellow/small-ish jumps. Just about every summer, bigger kids re-shape the lips on the main line to make 'em steeper (and they feel nice that way) and in the process dig out the gaps between the ramps. Afterwards, some groms come along and don't like the scarier gaps so they stack boards and crap in between and end up rolling the lips, which wears 'em down. It's a classic arms race.

Neither group has any right to complain because NEITHER built the jumps in the first place. The point is this: if you want a jump line your way, then build it from scratch - don't take it upon yourself to alter what's not yours.

After it rained this holiday weekend, I spent about 8 hours digging at those jumps. In addition to making some badly needed improvements to the step-up line, I made a full tabletop grom line next to the main line. Hopefully, the two groups can co-exist better now. But, alas it is all on public property and we don't have express permission to build there. (We do, in fact, have implied consent from the parks department but that's an entirely different story.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.