Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I will spending some time up in the Sudbury and North Bay area in early July. Any information of trails in those areas and surrounding areas would be awesome. I'm a XC rider...

Info, links, maps, directions, pics... anything would be helpful. Also, if you are from that area and would let me tag along... that would be fun too cause' I'll be there by myself. I'm coming up from Southwestern Ontario.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Both Sudbury and NB have awesome trails. Very different from South Western Ontario. The Sudbury trails are mostly located around Laurentian University, unfortunately there is no official map of the trails, but there is an alright one in Riders Mel's hand book. Sudbury riding is rock rock and more rock, lots of short ups and downs but very little in way if big climbs. Biggest difference I find to most other trails is that the trails never backs off, you always need to be on task, never just cruising, or you will crash (likely in a big rock). Check out the Bush Pigs ride on Wednesday night, call the Outside store 522-1755 for the start point. North Bay has a couple nice riding spots, the first being the ski hill in town, big ups and downs, some real technical stuff but most isn't too bad, I don't have a map. The second area in North Bay in called the North Shore, as it is located on North Shore road east of town. Long gravel road climb with great trails up top where it is a bit flatter, there is even a map of these.
Shoot me a PM and I would be happy to show you what Sudbury had to offer.
There are bears on the trails, but don't worry, they are happy to just leave you alone.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rocks'r'friends said:
Both Sudbury and NB have awesome trails. Very different from South Western Ontario. The Sudbury trails are mostly located around Laurentian University, unfortunately there is no official map of the trails, but there is an alright one in Riders Mel's hand book. Sudbury riding is rock rock and more rock, lots of short ups and downs but very little in way if big climbs. Biggest difference I find to most other trails is that the trails never backs off, you always need to be on task, never just cruising, or you will crash (likely in a big rock). Check out the Bush Pigs ride on Wednesday night, call the Outside store 522-1755 for the start point. North Bay has a couple nice riding spots, the first being the ski hill in town, big ups and downs, some real technical stuff but most isn't too bad, I don't have a map. The second area in North Bay in called the North Shore, as it is located on North Shore road east of town. Long gravel road climb with great trails up top where it is a bit flatter, there is even a map of these.
Shoot me a PM and I would be happy to show you what Sudbury had to offer.
There are bears on the trails, but don't worry, they are happy to just leave you alone.
Excellent! I will send you a pm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts