Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I personally think that the azonic outlaw wheelset is the best wheelset for the money. The hubs are buttery smooth and the white just looks sick. Eventhough they are going to be really dirty after the first ride. Oh well

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
you've got a heavier duty wheelset then i have on my reign...let us know how you like it... its a sweet deal, i almost bought a set but i came up on a smoking deal for my current wheelset so i couldn't say no

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah i like the shorter stem a lot better....it feels like it gives me more control when i have the revelation turned up to 130. I had a cheap salsa stem and the stock easton bars on there before so. The bike feels like a freakin tank, the new wheelset is like night and day compared to that old stock alex wheelset

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Looks good!

I had a 60mm hussefelt stem & riser on my trance at one stage, even tried it with a 40mm holzefeller stem. The handling felt great I loved it and the ride was very nimble and responsive but the cockpit was just too cramped for those hour long xc type rides. (Got a 16" frame though).

I think with the set up you have it probably just want's to be thrown around & into the air.
I'll probably try a short stem again donw the track.

·
Gone riding
3,350 Posts
TampaTrailRider, I can understand the wheel and seatpost upgrade and the desire for a shorter stem, but I'm a little confused why you went for a handlebar and stem that are so overbuilt. Isn't it a little overkill when there are plenty of other lighter options that are still plenty strong enough for a 4 inch trail bike?

Either way, it's certainly a solid ride, have fun! :thumbsup:

NJ-XC-Justin said:
The only stickers on your bike should be sponsors.
There's nothing wrong showing support and pride in a manufacturer, sponsorship has got nothing to do with it. ;)

Cheers, Dave.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah im a member of swamp club, i ride with them on occassion but mostly just help them out with the trails and what not. In all honesty i didnt buy the stem and handlebar because they were strong, i basically bought them because they were white :thumbsup: But i like the shorter stem and the riser bar so i cant complain. I might end up putting a pike on the trance with the 20mm but i like the revelation so much it would be hard to give it up. By the way i like the stickers on my bike, they look better than the cable rub that was there. Just for sponsors? Thats your opinion

·
Registered
754 Posts
It's cool that your wheels and bar/stem match the color combo of the frame... But honestly man, diety components on a 22 inch trance? White may be cool for the next few months, but your build makes no sense.

Call me a purist, but even as a freerider (regardless of my opinion on diety and the white part trend) i wouldnt put dj parts on a size gigantor xc rig.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Honestly dude...the bar and stem arent that heavy....I gained like a less than half a pound by putting this wheelset, and the bar and stem on. My stock alex wheelset i had on there weighed almost as much as the azonics. I didn't put the white stuff on there because its a cool trend. If my bike was yellow with green lettering, i would've been looking for a green wheelset with a green bar and stem. Its just cool to customize it, and maybe down the road i will get my white SC nomad and i'll take all these parts and put it on that

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I guess you were bound to get some different opinions.

From my point of view you've had the bike since '05 and just wanted a change?
People should consider that not everyone can for whatever reason just go out and buy a new or different bike when it suits their liking (not implying that there's anything wrong with doing that if you can, and not implying that people just buy bikes on a whim either).

I think it's great to see people experimenting "against the norm".

Ps - if you could only get a white seatpost!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.