Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Great shots!

:thumbsup:

I don't have that opinion. Having started racing a mtb and then moving to road I get people thinking I'm a "roadie" all the time. :rolleyes: :lol: ;)

·
ups and downs
15,599 Posts
Certainly the best are very good technical riders. Geoff Kabush was quite critical about "the German" who couldn't ride the technical DH sections in a couple of the World Cup races this year. And the 2008 World Women's Champ Marga Fullana did very badly at MSA and Bromont because of the technical riding conditions in 2009.

And Premont was one of the few gals that cleaned that nasty rocky descent at Mont Sainte Anne in the pouring rain... :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
I remember a NZ pro rider doing damn well in a NZ DH race once... on his xc hardtail.

Man that upset a few DHers at the time.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Geez, if I didn't know any better I'd swear you have to have a "Maple Leaf" on your jersey to ride a DH? Come on show some stars and stripes will yah? ;)

·
Forging Elite Awesomeness
772 Posts
n8rhino said:
Geez, if I didn't know any better I'd swear you have to have a "Maple Leaf" on your jersey to ride a DH?
You are correct. Don't worry, Americans are top notch DH bike-walkers, top notch. :D

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I watched the UCI worlds in Australia (on freecaster) and I was very impressed with the technical level of the course. I was a trail rider for many years before racing and my technical ability is an advantage.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Worlds was an awesome course, not just because of the challenging sections but because of the variety, like that one section with the swoopy bermed turns.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
I like this thread. :)

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
flargle said:
Me too. IIRC that's how most riders did that section. Also, you have to figure that if he did biff it, there'd be photos of the aftermath.
I didn't say "impossible" ... It just seems like the weight distribution and angles are all wrong.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
I didn't say "impossible" ... It just seems like the weight distribution and angles are all wrong.
I'd estimate the rider's centre of mass to be somewhere behind the axle of the front wheel. That's a good sign.

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
Thatshowiroll said:
Photo # 3. I betcha anything he didn't make it and taco'd the wheel.
Nice photos by the way.
The junior girls were riding that line at worlds.

It is easier than it looks.

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
At the MSA World Cup, some of the top downhillers were spectating from that rock section (photo 1 of the original post) and had a lot of respect for (most) XC racers. I don't remember who but a big name DH guy even said something like not being sure he could go as fast with a XC bike.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.