Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
That's not a W
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who are interested...I emailed Dan to ask if the series was happening in 2010. Nothing on the website yet. This is an awesome series, you should go!

Hi Tanya,

ABSOLUTELY! We are in the midst of hiring some new people (timing and results being a key one, we know!) and finalizing the venues and schedule.

By the way, thanks for your support last year. We really appreciated it.

The schedule is almost final, we are waiting on one part of the first venue before we announce the location, but it will be worth the wait!

May 2nd, TBA

June 13th, Ganaraska

July 4thor 18thKingston

August 15thHaliburton (new course!)

September 12thOntario Marathon Championships at Mansfield

The course at Haliburton has been re-done with less really hard, and more fun challenge. We also have some equipment to cut back the poison ivy at Ganaraska. I was covered for weeks.

See you on the trails.

Dan

·
Evil Jr.
6,859 Posts
Sounds great! Although I had every intention of doing these races last year, I had a conflict with each one. I see the May 2nd slot is still open. Copeland? ;)

·
Registered
845 Posts
Excellent. I don't even see any conflicts with my existing schedule except for May 2 (son's birthday). I can't do them all, because I already want to do so many other races )OCUPS, both road and MTB, relays...), but I can't see missing any race in the Ganaraska, so I'll be back at that one.

Kingston in the summer also sounds interesting. I haven't been back there since I graduated, so I'll be watching the date for that one too.

·
That's not a W
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HSCoach2 said:
Kingston in the summer also sounds interesting. I haven't been back there since I graduated, so I'll be watching the date for that one too.
I'm also excited about Kingston. Only 2 hour drive! Also nice is Ganaraska and Haliburton, a little bit closer than the usual races for me. I'll try and drag as many from Ottawa as I can.

garage monster said:
I see the May 2nd slot is still open. Copeland?
boo garage monster! You didn't! I was hoping no one would go there in this thread.

·
Registered
528 Posts
That's great news that Dan is goinng at it again. Hopefully some very special people don't get involved and cause crap like last year. As for the first venue, I've got a little inside info on where there is a very strong chance it will be. A friend who took Dan around Copeland just happen to take him for a tour up in my neck of the woods again.

I'll be hitting up as many of them this year again.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'm in too!!!
Last year I got hooked, although I had 2 DNF from 2 attempt.
I'm planning to do the full series of the half marathon.I have revenge against those 2 location in my mind....
I really loved the atmosphere of the races I just hope for better signs for this year....
Can't wait!!!:thumbsup:

·
Team NFI
5,303 Posts
HSCoach2 said:
Trust me, there is next to nothing to ride here.

·
Evil Jr.
6,859 Posts
Enduramil said:
Hopefully it isn't the weekend of the 4th. As that is right after Summer Solstice.
That would be rough. I was planning on soloing Solstice this year... :skep:

·
Custom User Title
241 Posts
Copeland on May 2nd would be a stellar plan!

Since all you experts will know, typically big chunks of that bush are under snow until mid-April and buried under down fall until mid May... so it would give this group a chance to pitch in an do some serious clean-up and since all the spring mud there is not a concern for this crew, it seems like perfect fit.

nitwits.... I can bite and give you what you are all so desperately fishing for.

·
Evil Jr.
6,859 Posts
Bill Payer said:
nitwits.... I can bite and give you what you are all so desperately fishing for.
Gosh and here I'd thought you'd given up on us! :D

Seriously though, if you can't read through a little light-hearted humour... I don't know what to tell you. :skep:

It is my sincere hope that for whatever route Dan decides to take on May 2nd, we avoid the same mishigoss we've had to endure here over the last 8 months. None of us wants a redux of that, race or no race. Peace? :)

·
Custom User Title
241 Posts
garage monster said:
I'm good and obviously also employing (attempting) some sarcastic humor. :thumbsup:

it is all the blatant bating that seems juvenile..

·
Team NFI
5,303 Posts
Bill Payer said:
I'm good and obviously also employing (attempting) some sarcastic humor. :thumbsup:

It's winter. What else are we supposed to do shovel more snow?

·
now a SSchwinger
38 Posts
Matt 24 solo said:
That's great news that Dan is goinng at it again. Hopefully some very special people don't get involved and cause crap like last year. As for the first venue, I've got a little inside info on where there is a very strong chance it will be. A friend who took Dan around Copeland just happen to take him for a tour up in my neck of the woods again.

I'll be hitting up as many of them this year again.
Just be sure not to complain post-race about how your fellow racers messed-up your "local trails"...

The sausage types in the crowd don't react well to that type of (de)constructive critiquing.

·
sock puppet
8,104 Posts
you take Enduramil seriously?

we don't.

heck, he doesn't take himself seriously.

that is why he has pets. his pets don't take him seriously either.

Bill Payer said:

1 - 20 of 81 Posts