Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
used to be uno-speedo....
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody own an STi with the Subaru stock roof rack? I'm wondering if its any quieter than the Yakima. I used to own a WRX with the Yakima and whilst it was fine anything over 75mph and things got a little noisy. Probably the same situation but just curious for others opinions before I dish out the cash.

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Unless you're talking about the flexy aero bars (which suck, btw), the Subaru roof rack is Yakima equipment with a 'Subaru' sticker in place of the Yakima sticker. I have the set up on my WRX wagon. :) Did you ever try a fairing with your rack? I had the 'wind jammers' at first, which look like little wings and generally suck. The full fairing is nice and quiet.

I don't think Subaru sells the q-clips that you would need for the sedan either, btw.

·
Stray Bullet
2,273 Posts
Get a hitch rack!

I have a WRX wagon and just installed a Sportworks hitch rack. Ditched the noisy Yakima top rack set-up. Putting a rook rack on a car that doesn't have rails of some sort from the factory would make me nervous.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.