Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
trueflyer said:
just put this thing together and i'm stoked. there'll be a lighter rear wheel coming. if only i could mount a better shock on it :(
That's sweet, I would love to have a lighter down hill rig, but meh, whatever. Those green rollers are way sweet to, mind me asking where they came from?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Why can't you mail it like everyone else does? Yeah it'll cost you a bit more and it'll be a little longer but it's not a huge deal. I live in Canada and mine's there right now. I realize you're farther but it's the same general issue.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I thought when you said "if only I could mount a better shock on it", that you meant that there were fit issues with something like a 5th Element, Manitou 6-Way, or Fox DHX. Assuming there are no fit issues, I'd go for a DHX. If there are fit issues, I'd get the RC PUSH'd before I got a 5th or 6-Way. I'm assuming that your RC isn't new anymore, so you'd be better off financially getting it PUSH'd (even with a hefty shipping charge), and it's custom built for you, whereas witht the other SPV-shocks, there's tonnes of fiddling that has to be done in order to get it dialed in.

Good luck with your decision

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Shibby said:
I thought when you said "if only I could mount a better shock on it", that you meant that there were fit issues with something like a 5th Element, Manitou 6-Way, or Fox DHX. Assuming there are no fit issues, I'd go for a DHX. If there are fit issues, I'd get the RC PUSH'd before I got a 5th or 6-Way. I'm assuming that your RC isn't new anymore, so you'd be better off financially getting it PUSH'd (even with a hefty shipping charge), and it's custom built for you, whereas witht the other SPV-shocks, there's tonnes of fiddling that has to be done in order to get it dialed in.

Good luck with your decision
that frame i have cannot take shock with huge gigantic reservoirs like the dhx, 6 way and 5th have. so the only possibilities are romic, vanilla rc, avalanche (heavy and $$$) and this new 5th with remote
oh its a karp disco volante by the way :)

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Oh, I'm retarded, I thought when you were talking about remote reservoirs, that you meant piggyback reservoirs. Avalance is obviously a sweet option, but mucho $$$. Would that 5th fit? I haven't seen it in person, but it looks like a solid support holding the reservoir in place...maybe it can be swivelled, but it could still be problematic...I have no idea. I would seriously look into the PUSH thing, see what the shipping costs are going to be like...I don't know of anyone who has been disappointed with their service or product.

EDIT: nm about the 5th, i went to their website, and it said 'steel braided line', I suck

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.