Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
bike rider
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help me find a sub 200 gram seat with a wide nose and preferably a flat back as opposed to the seats that have 2 points in the back. I do a lot of long, steep climbs where I'm sitting on the nose for 20 minutes plus so a wide, downward sloping nose is a must. I sometimes wear baggies and find a flat tail (squash tail in surf terms) catches less than the trendy twin pointed tails (swallow tail for surfers).

·
bike rider
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that's almost perfect. This may be the one, but if anyone else has alternate suggestions please share.

·
bike rider
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got the 130mm. I like narrow saddles that are easy to get off the back of.

·
Super Moderator
6,784 Posts
You'll LOVE the Phenom SL. Although it first feels like you are sitting on wood.......it soon becomes apparent that this flexy saddle is MORE COMFORTABLE than thin, pointed-nose Selle SLR, Tune Frankenstein monster(Speedneedle), and AX-Lightness hardened carbon fabric saddles. The mad climbing endurance from the Phenom is why Christoph Sauser cannot stop winning....

·
Super Moderator
6,784 Posts
topfuel98 said:
both of my phenoms are 205g one white one black,143mm just to let ya know...
True- my 130mm Phenom Sl was 203g. Remove the two scuff guards, and it becomes 192g, or sub-200 grams.

·
Registered
154 Posts
yet another positive word for the spesh phenom sl. mine has nice WCS stripes on it so it matches the rest of my ritchey WCS stuff.

oh, and it's really, really comfy...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts