Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
This guy
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(I prefer "race type" shoes, SPD)

Im looking to find a sub $100 pair of good MTB shoes. I shy away from the Settes and such. Anyone have a line on an awesome deal?
I just bought a pair of jenson USA's Answer 07 shoe deal.
I saw someone that had the Giau's for $99.

Anyone else seen something great?

·
West Chester, PA
5,003 Posts
Look on ebay for new old stock specialized shoes. I scored '08 comps for under $100 last year. Say what you want about their bikes but their mid and upper level shoes are great.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Where are you? Is there a pearl izumi outlet near you? Ive also found good clearance deals at Performance stores.

Unless I know my exact size with a specific brand, I like to try on first.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Since you said a preference toward a "race type" shoe, I like the Lake MX235C Shoe '09 that mtnbiker72 found for you at Jenson.
I use to ride Lakes a lot- still have a pair that won't give up- I like the full grain leather,etc. Now I am on a Northwave kick (some with the two velcro and a buckle strap configuration too, great on-the-fly adjustment).

I can't speak to that Lake model mentioned, but they would still be the ones I would pick.

(I looked for some high-end Northwaves on sale @ my usual sites, but they didn't have your size, and they generally run a smidge wide anyways)

·
Banned
1,139 Posts
YZINGERR said:
(I prefer "race type" shoes, SPD)

Im looking to find a sub $100 pair of good MTB shoes. I shy away from the Settes and such. Anyone have a line on an awesome deal?
I just bought a pair of jenson USA's Answer 07 shoe deal.
I saw someone that had the Giau's for $99.

Anyone else seen something great?
Check out PBK

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.