Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if the stylo 1.1 gxp is a suitable crank for a 1x9 setup. Also I will be in need of a chain management system and would like to start out with the supplied bash and a jump stop, although I really like the look of the mini g by mrp. However I can't figure out if its compatable with the stylo. I have a Motobecane 500HT if that is of useful reference for determing BB size. I'm not sure what it is or if its relevent.

Thank You.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Works fine, I had that setup on my old Dos Niner. You can add a N-gear jump stop but it's not necessary. I have found if you tension the chain just a tad, you won't have any issues at all. I have used an ENO SS crank with no bash guard or Jump stop on my Jet9 with no chain drop issues.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Stylo 1.1 cranks can be used with most guides, just be prepared to either modify your chain guide or get a bash guard that is compatible with your chain guide. I run the 32 tooth Stylo 1.1 cranks and had to do a little bit of modification to the Truvativ Box Guide to get everything to work.

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,938 Posts
I got a set on my beasley 1x9 but took them off because I wanted to run it with a different cranks as a double w/bashguard. I've kept them though and figure i'll use them eventually... on...something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.