Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
High Desert MTBer
5,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a co-post with the thread about doing stupid things over and over, I kept coming up with things that I am sure you would only do ONCE... at least I would hope so...
For me that was driving into a gas station with my ex-wife, and our 2 bikes on a rack on the roof. This was on the Isle Of Man many years ago, and the place had a very low canopy. After extensive and expensive repairs to the bikes, rack, car roof and awning, I think I got it. I bought a hitch rack...

·
Just Ride
1,738 Posts
Forgetting the helmet at home. I've only done that once. Such a pain in the ass to drive back and get it.

·
Premium Member
6,138 Posts
Bunny hop two telephone poles 3 feet apart at the trail entrance. Don't know what possessed me to think I could make it.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Tried to bunny-hop a curb on my road bike. Rear tire exploded, rim was ok.

·
Support OUR Wounded
91 Posts
Bought a 10 year old Specialized FS 26er. Guess that was 3 things I'll only do once :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I frequently forget to change to the right size tube in my camelbak. Always have the one for the bike I rode yesterday.

Duh, didn't read the heading on a forum and posted in the wrong one. Like this one

·
Registered
408 Posts
Took my eyes off the trail while riding on a narrow ledge by the water...oops. Went for a swim where I'd seen some nice sized alligators before. Amazing how fast I scrambled up that steep embankment. Won't do that again.

·
Registered
212 Posts
ONE TIME, and only one time, I spun my wheel with my finger in the brake rotor.

Lost a finger nail, but could have been much worse.
i have also done this, i didnt lose a nail but right after i thought... why the hell did i think that would be a good idea :madman:
Wiped my a$$ with poison ivy leaves.
hahaha that sucks! i cant imagine how much that sucked

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Using a teeter-totter as a launch ramp without checking the landing area first. The bike went a little bit sideways off the launch which would've been fine...except for the fact that there was a log ride after the teeter. Let's just say it didn't end well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Rode some pretty nasty technical stuff with clipless pedals. After testing my body's ability to blood clot numerous times that day, I went platform.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts